Millennia ago, there existed a cult of immortality known as the Tenth Circle who were in fact vampires. They feasted on young and impressionable souls attracted to their cult and were eventually banished to another dimension by Queen Hippolyta and the Amazons. Over the ensuing centuries, they sought a way to return and eventually one of their number succeeded. He assumed the identity of Lord Crucifer and proceeded to seek the means to bring over his vampire brethren. Eventually, he expanded the range of his depredations from Europe to the United States. His intent was to use human beings as vessels into which vampires could transfer their life force. Unfortunately, the baseline human form proved too frail. With the 20th century came the dawn of superheroes. After studying them for generations Crucifer concluded they would make the ideal hosts.
Powers and Abilities
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- 7 Appearances of Crucifer (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Crucifer (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Crucifer (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Crucifer (New Earth)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
Doom Patrol Villain(s)