Solomon Grundy was a zombie.
Cyrus Gold was once a wealthy Olympic wrestling champion who was seduced by Marsha, Queen Of Diamonds using some her aunt Hilda's potions. Cyrus was very loyal to Marsha, and one day she told him to wait for her outside. However, for some unknown reason, Marsha forgot about Cyrus, leaving him to freeze to death during the winter. He was eventually resurrected by Hilda as Solomon Grundy, and was given a single purpose: destroy Batman and Robin.
Grundy was among the Batman Villains assembled by the Joker, Catwoman and Penguin at Gotham Studios in a scheme to finally defeat the Dynamic Duo. At the villainous conference, Getaway Genius tried, unsuccessfully, to teach Solomon Grundy how to properly escape from prison. All the rogues were later apprehended and taken into custody when Batman and Robin quelled the villain riot.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Batman, its tie-in comic book series, related live-action movie and animated movies, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders and Batman vs. Two-Face. It is an adaptation of Solomon Grundy. The original character was created by Alfred Bester and Paul Reinman and first appeared in All-American Comics #61.
- 4 Appearances of Cyrus Gold (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- 2 Images featuring Cyrus Gold (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Quotations by or about Cyrus Gold (Batman 1966 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Cyrus Gold (Batman 1966 TV Series)
|Batman Villain(s) from the 1966 series |
This character, team or organization, was primarily an enemy of the Batman in either the 1966-1968 television show, related 1966 film, tie-in comic book series or the animated movies. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Batman (1966 TV Series) Villains category."