Cyrus Gold was a mobster in the 1920s. His love of gold made him carry out daring and amazing capers and build a small criminal empire. Eventually, he was betrayed by his own gang and his bullet-riddled corpse was tossed into Slaughter Swamp. Unknown to anyone, the swamp was a nexus of mystic energy that, over the course of many years, interacted with and changed Cyrus' body. Decades later, Cyrus' mutated body rose out of the swamp, now the soulless zombie who would come to be known simply as Solomon Grundy. Grundy has wandered the globe for years, searching for his lost soul without ever truly knowing why.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Animated Universe and is an adaptation of Solomon Grundy. The original character was created by Alfred Bester and Paul Reinman and first appeared in All-American Comics #61.
- Solomon Grundy was voiced by Mark Hamill in all but the Justice League Unlimited episode "Wake The Dead" where he was voiced by Bruce Timm.
- 16 Appearances of Cyrus Gold (DCAU)
- 6 Images featuring Cyrus Gold (DCAU)
- 1 Quotations by or about Cyrus Gold (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Cyrus Gold (DCAU)
- Solomon Grundy at dccomics.com
- Solomon Grundy at Wikipedia.org
- Solomon Grundy at the DC Animated Universe Wiki
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."