D'kay D'Razz was physically and telepathically imprisoned by her fellow Green Martians after she conducted experiments on members of her kind whose minds were not open to the communal martian telepathic mind. After the death of the Green Martians, she no longer even had the company of those who imprisoned her. She went insane over the long years of complete isolation until she was beamed to Earth by Dr. Saul Erdel. Once on Earth, the bombardment of thoughts thrusts her into further depths of insanity. In desperation, she stole the identity of a human and completely erased all memory of her previous identity. J'onn J'onzz's death message following his murder at the hands of Libra put cracks in these telepathic memory blocks, but she did not regain her memories until J'onn returned to life.
Driven insane and reverted to her Martian form, albeit heavily distorted which includes an extra mouth at her torso which has manifested from her broken mind and she has carved the Martian symbols of love and hate onto her body, she is desperate and obsessed to recreate the Martian race with J'onn to the point where she even attempted to kill Miss Martian because she perceived a threat to her claim to J'onn. D'kay, however, failed to persuade J'onn to be her's once he discovered she is a psychopath and subsequently forcing J'onn to kill her by flying her into the sun.
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human. At times this has been portrayed as physical, psychological, or a combination of the two. The effect of this is to strip any Martian of their powers as they involuntarily lose control of their body.
- Mental Illness: She went insane over the long years of complete isolation while in prison.
- Appearances of D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
- Images featuring D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: D'Kay D'Razz (New Earth)
|Martian Manhunter Villain(s) |