"L'inconnue": 1938. Egypt. A team of archeologists explore an underground tomb and find evidence that an alien woman called Faora Hu-Ul landed on Earth several decades ago, and during that time she's been scheming to manipulate mankind's genetic code in order to recreate her "home". Currently, s
- You destroyed your homeworld because it had become corrupt... instead of staying to fight that corruption. You let billions die because you cared more about hurting your enemies than protecting those who could not defend themselves. You would have set up a system as foul as the one you wanted to strike down.
Appearing in "L'inconnue"
- Supergirl (Flashback and main story)
- Lois Lane
- Harley Quinn
- Poison Ivy
- Zatanna Zatara
- John Constantine
- Power Girl (Flashback only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- General Faora Khulun (Flashback and main story)
- General Arkayn (Mentioned only)
- Dr. Viktoria October
- Abigail Kholland
- Swamp Thing
- Samuel Whitmore
- Ipati Dugin (Flashback and main story)
- Varvara Dugina (Flashback and main story)
- Stargirl (Flashback only)
- The Batgirls (Mentioned only)
- Harvey Dent (In picture only)
- Oswald Cobblepot (In picture only)
- Killer Frost's Mother (First appearance) (Dies)
- Killer Frost's Father (First appearance) (Dies)
- Lara Lor-Van (First appearance) (Dies)
- Alura In-Ze (First appearance) (Dies)
- Hoia-Baciu Forest
Synopsis for "L'inconnue"
1938. Egypt. A team of archeologists explore an underground tomb and find evidence that an alien woman called Faora Hu-Ul landed on Earth several decades ago, and during that time she's been scheming to manipulate mankind's genetic code in order to recreate her "home". Currently, she's posing as General Fyodora Khulun in the Soviet Government.
1942. Leningrad. As her army of humans and monsters storms the city, Killer Frost thinks back on her life so far. In 1871 a mob threw her mother and herself into a well. The icy waters killed her mother but triggered her cryokinesis. Frost murdered all the villagers and shortly after was found by the Joker's Daughter. The Joker's Daughter took her in and groomed her for becoming her heiress. For whatever reason, though, Frost couldn't take up that role, and led her mentor to Raven before leaving. In the next years, she'd come upon and ally herself with Baroness Von Gunther and Hugo Strange.
Killer Frost begins her assault and the Bombshells fight back ferociously. During the battle, Lois encourages Kara to not let them turn her into something she's not.
All of sudden, Faora turns up, and Supergirl recognizes her former commanding officer. Faora wants to talk with her privately and takes off skywards. Supergirl follows her.
Faora reveals they're off the planet Krypton. Then she claims to be her mother.
Decades ago, Krypton was dying. Eugenics were killing their race. Faora led an elite coup to overthrow the Council, make an ark and find a new world. As part of her plan, Faora used genetic samples of her friends Lara Lor-Van and Alura In-Ze to create a genetically perfect child. Alura offered her blood and Lara delivered the baby-- Kara. But because she conceived her, Faora insists she's her mother.
After Kara was born, Alura and Lara realized Faora was a murderous loon and they had to protect Kara from her. Faora murdered Lara, but Lara managed to banish her to the Phantom Zone as Alura sent Kara to Earth.
Faora escaped from the Zone and made her way to Earth, crashing several decades before Kara did. She waited until Kara's pod crashed, and while Kara was picked up by her adoptive father, Faora took samples of her blood stored in the pod. Afterwards she allied herself with like-minded people who looked to change mankind: Von Gunther, the Joker's Daughter, Killer Frost and Hugo Strange.
Her history finished, Faora expresses her desire to create a Kryptonian army by splicing Kara's genes to the monster army brought by Killer Frost, and claims Supergirl is nothing but a pawn to humans.
Kara isn't impressed, though. She realizes Faora intends to turn her into HER pawn, and she'd have created a Krypton just as bad as the one she hated.
Supergirl and Faora square off fo fight. Suddenly, Kara's adoptive parents and Kortni's biological father arrive.
- This book was first published on July 19, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss DC Comics Bombshells Vol 1 31 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Comics Bombshells series
- Images from DC Comics Bombshells Vol 1 31