"Superman and the Golden Age Superman: "Crisis on Three Earths!"": Tiring of losing to the Supermen of their respective Earths, Alexei Luthor of Earth-Two and Lex Luthor of Earth-One decide to switch Earths and Supermen and then
- You don't know how often I asked myself those very questions. I wasted so much time before I came up with the answer. Yes, there are millions out there, many more millions than I could ever hope to help. So I became obsessed with helping everyone. Oh, I did so happily, but something inside me was missing. Our name is Superman. That's super and man. And I was allowing myself to be controlled only by the super. I finally decided after all too long that I deserved some happiness. The man in me had a right to live. Well, once I made that decision something happened. I found a renewed vigor within me. I had Lois. I had happiness, and there I was with this renewed commitment to helping others, too. Because of the love Lois and I shared, I became an even better Superman than before.
- — Kal-L
Synopsis for Superman and the Golden Age Superman: "Crisis on Three Earths!"
Tiring of losing to the Supermen of their respective Earths, Alexei Luthor of Earth-Two and Lex Luthor of Earth-One decide to switch Earths and Supermen and then relocate to Earth-Three as their new crime base and use the evil Earth-Three "Superman" known as Ultraman as their enforcer. Little do they know that Earth-Three has its own superhero-in-waiting to defeat them all. And that hero is Luthor!
Appearing in Superman and the Golden Age Superman: "Crisis on Three Earths!"
- Green Kryptonite
- Lex Luthor's Battle Array
- Reprinted in Showcase Presents: DC Comics Presents Superman Team-Ups Vol. 2.
- Alexander Luthor's first appearance as a super-hero. He has already fought against Ultraman before this adventure, though not as an open costumed superhero. Luthor remains as a an active hero after this battle repeatedly opposing the Crime Syndicate of Earth-Three until their deaths at the beginning of the first Crisis.
- This is the last appearance of Earth-Two Luthor before his death at the hands of Brainiac during Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Kal-L is drawn with his traditional 6-sided 45-degree-tilted S Shield here, same as in the Mr. and Mrs Superman and early Earth-Two specific stories rather than the George Perez's version of the 5 sided S Shield
- Cover gallery for the DC Comics Presents Annual series
- Images from DC Comics Presents Annual Vol 1 1