"Superman and the Forgotten Villains: "The Triad"": The Enchantress and Kraklow form a triad with a sorcerous being that is in reality a living planet, and Superman and the Forgotten Heroes must stop the Triad from controlling the universe.
Appearing in Superman and the Forgotten Villains: "The Triad"
- Forgotten Heroes
Synopsis for Superman and the Forgotten Villains: "The Triad"
The Enchantress and Kraklow form a triad with a sorcerous being that is in reality a living planet, and Superman and the Forgotten Heroes must stop the Triad from controlling the universe.
While struggling to overcome the Faceless Hunter, the Immortal Man is seemingly killed saving Dolphin's life. Superman convinces the Faceless Hunter that he could easily beat him, and has him tell the Heroes where they can find the third sorcerer the Enchantress and Kraklow need to unite with in order to control the universe. As they are about to leave to find the sorcerer a child appears and reveals himself to be the new incarnation of the Immortal Man, reborn following his death.
Making the journey to Yggardis, the homeworld of the third sorcerer, Superman and the Forgotten Heroes stop off on the water world of Qaria to try and think of a way to make the journey to Yggardis without having to travel past a red sun that would rob Superman of his powers. The natives of Qaria direct Superman and the Heroes to another 'outworlder' like themselves... Space Cabby, who offers to fly them to Yggardis.
Uniting their powers, the Enchantress, Kraklow and the sorcered from Yggardis cause Space Cabby's ship to crash-land on the surface of a planet with an unstable core. By lucky coincidence, Chris KL-99 and his crewmates Jero and Halk are observing this planet and its imminent destruction when they hear Space Cabby's distress call.
Arriving at Yggardis, Chris KL-99's ship is caught in huge metal tentacle rising out of the planet. Allowing himself to be drawn into the planet by the tentacles, Superman finds himself within the hot core of the world. Even as the triad of sorcerers join their powers together and the universe begins to succumb to them, the Forgotten Heroes follow Superman under the surface of Yggardis, and the Atom-Master and Mister Poseidon realize there is no place in Enchantress's domination of the universe for them. Poseidon has Ultivac attack the Enchantress while the Forgotten Heroes rescue Superman. Noting that the underground caverns of Yggardis feel like a living membrane, Cave Carson realizes that Yggardis is a living planet. The third sorcerer does not live on Yggardis, the third sorcerer is Yggardis. The irritation Yggardis feels from an attack by the fleeing Forgotten Heroes is enough to finally break the triad of sorcerers. The Universe is safe.
Meanwhile, in a satellite orbiting above Earth, a shadowy figure watches and waits...
- Reprinted in Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion: Deluxe Edition Vol. 1.
- This issue's Meanwhile... column features an obituary for Don Newton, with contributions from Dick Giordano and Pat Bastienne.
- Following his brief appearance last issue, there is no further mention of Dane Dorrance.
- The Monitor is seen to be continuing his observation of the Multiverse in preparation for the upcoming Crisis on Infinite Earths, noting that the criminals of Earth-One have been tested and that it is now time to scan Earth-Three.
- Kraklow is consistently misspelt as Krakow during this issue.
- Discuss DC Comics Presents Vol 1 78 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Comics Presents series
- Images from DC Comics Presents Vol 1 78