"Superman and Ambush Bug: "All This and Kobra Too"": While out running amok at a golf club, Ambush Bug comes across a strange rock, not knowing that it's really a chunk of Red Kryptonite. Leaving the golf club, he is unaware that he is being watched by minions of Kobra, who is interested in Ambu
Appearing in Superman and Ambush Bug: "All This and Kobra Too"
Synopsis for Superman and Ambush Bug: "All This and Kobra Too"
While out running amok at a golf club, Ambush Bug comes across a strange rock, not knowing that it's really a chunk of Red Kryptonite. Leaving the golf club, he is unaware that he is being watched by minions of Kobra, who is interested in Ambush Bug. The Bug takes the Red Kryptonite to a jewelry shop to have it turned into a necklace that he wants to give to Superman as a peace offering because they've had a recent falling out. Upon travelling to the Fortress of Solitude, Ambush Bug arrives at a time Superman is exercising blind folded.
In proximity of the Red Kryptonite, Superman and Ambush Bug end up switching bodies. Horrified, Superman asks Ambush Bug what about what they are going to do if there is a disaster in the next 48 hours, and the Bug decides that he is going to take advantage of being in Superman's body to do acts of good and flies out of the Fortress of Solitude, much to the Man of Steel's dismay, and because Superman is trapped in Ambush Bug's body, his Superman robots do not recognize him and ask him to identify himself.
Ambush Bug however returns to his Detective Agency where he begins taking calls to take advantage of having Superman's body. Kobra comes by hoping to steal Ambush Bug's teleportation technology and is shocked to find that "Superman" is there instead and hastily leaves confident that the "Man of Steel" didn't recognize him out of his costume. Ambush Bug, puzzling over who the bald man must of been and mistakes him for Lex Luthor and goes after him, finding that he can hardly control Superman's super-speed and finds himself running around the world over and over.
Back at the Fortress of Solitude, Superman has been locked in a cell and he tries to figure out how Ambush Bug's teleportation abilities work. While back in Metropolis, Ambush Bug's failed attempts at trying to stop Kobra leads to the water from being set ablaze. Superman finally manages to figure out the Bug's teleportation power and teleports himself near the battle. At this time the Red Kryptonite wears off and Superman and Ambush Bug are restored to their proper bodies.
Superman allows Kobra to get away when he decides to stop the blaze, and causes a giant tidal wave to put out the fire, Ambush Bug finds himself washed up in it and hung from some of the debris from his pants. This cracks Superman up, and this further angers Ambush Bug who teleports away with out his pants which causes Superman to crack up even more. Meanwhile, back aboard his ship, Kobra orders his men to pilot a course outside of the DC Comics Universe.
- This book was first published on February 7, 1985.
- As Superman, Ambush Bug contacts DC Comics for reimbursement for use of Superman's likeness from Paul Levitz. He also mentions he wants the "Frank Miller deal" and listens to Levitz list all of the many members of the Legion of Super-Heroes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss DC Comics Presents Vol 1 81 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Comics Presents series
- Superman Family Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane (Volume 1)
- Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Ambush Bug Recommended Reading
- Early appearances:
- Ambush Bug (Volume 1)
- Son of Ambush Bug (Volume 1)
- Ambush Bug Stocking Stuffer #1
- Ambush Bug Nothing Special #1
- Lobo Unbound (Volume 1)
- Ambush Bug: Year None (Volume 1)
- Doom Patrol (Volume 5)