DC Universe is a video on demand digital streaming service operated by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Digital Networks, released on 15 September 2018 to coincide with Batman Day. Marketed as "a one-stop shop for all things DC Comics", it exclusively streams DC-related entertainment including TV shows, films, and comic books from the DC Comics library.
With the premiere of Titans on October 12, 2018, the service began streaming original exclusive TV shows and comic books based on various DC brands. The service also allows for the resurrection of previously cancelled TV series, starting with the third season of Young Justice.
- DC Daily (News and interview program)
- Doom Patrol
- Young Justice: Outsiders (Third season of the former Cartoon Network animated series Young Justice)
- Swamp Thing (Premieres June, 2019)
- Stargirl (Premieres August, 2019)
- Harley Quinn (Premieres October, 2019)
- Metropolis (Premieres TBA)
- Not to be confused with the shared universe of DC Comics' line of comic books.
Links and References
- ↑ https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/your-guide-to-the-dc-universe-streaming-service
- ↑ https://www.cbr.com/young-justice-outsiders-prequel-comic-dc-universe-exclusive/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/etwRWylJoUU
- ↑ https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/dc-universe-original-show-premiere-dates-titans-episodes-young-justice-prequel-comic
- ↑ https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/01/30/announcing-metropolis-dcs-newest-live-action-tv-series
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2018/05/swamp-thing-drama-series-james-wan-in-works-dc-digital-service-metropolis-redeveloped-dc-universe-1202381370/