DC Universe is a video on demand digital streaming service operated by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Digital Networks, released on 15 September 2018 to coincide with Batman Day. Marketed as "a one-stop shop for all things DC Comics", it exclusively streams DC-related entertainment including TV shows, films, and comic books from the DC Comics library.
With the premiere of Titans on October 12, 2018, the service began streaming original exclusive TV shows and comic books based on various DC brands. The service also allows for the resurrection of previously cancelled TV series, starting with the third season of Young Justice.
Beginning in April 2019, DC Universe began gradually expanding to include access to the entire DC comic book library, the exception being comics less than a year old.
In July 2019, WarnerMedia announced their massive Warner Brothers streaming service HBO Max, which includes DC Universe content such as Doom Patrol, in addition to DC content not included in DC Universe such as Batwoman and the DC Extended Universe. Each episode of Stargirl will air on The CW the day after it premiers on DC Universe. However, DC Universe in itself is not affected by this overlap of content and will still remain available alongside smaller services such as HBO Now and CW Seed.
DC Universe Infinite
On September 18, 2020, it was announced that DC Universe would "transform" on January 21, 2021 into DC Universe Infinite, a comics-only service, and that the DC Universe original video series would migrate to HBO Max.
- DC Daily (2018-2020) (News and interview program)
- Young Justice: Outsiders (Third season of the former Cartoon Network animated series Young Justice)
- Doom Patrol
- Swamp Thing
- Harley Quinn
- DC Universe All Star Games (Unscripted Gaming Series)
- Not to be confused with the shared universe of DC Comics' line of comic books.
Links and References
- ↑ https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/your-guide-to-the-dc-universe-streaming-service
- ↑ https://ign.com/articles/2019/03/30/dc-universe-app-to-feature-full-access-to-dcs-comic-book-library
- ↑ https://youtu.be/LCS4CaZ9dwg
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2019/11/stargirl-episodes-the-cw-network-dc-universe-streaming-debut-linear-window-digital-1202792227/
- ↑ https://io9.gizmodo.com/warnermedia-s-newly-named-streaming-service-will-not-ch-1836219061
- ↑ https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/09/18/dc-universe-transforms-into-dc-universe-infinite-the-ultimate-comic-book
- ↑ https://www.cbr.com/young-justice-outsiders-prequel-comic-dc-universe-exclusive/
- ↑ https://youtu.be/etwRWylJoUU
- ↑ https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/04/dc-universe-original-show-premiere-dates-titans-episodes-young-justice-prequel-comic
- ↑ https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/dc-universe-unveils-expanded-digital-comics-library-wondercon/
- ↑ https://screenrant.com/joker-harley-quinn-tv-show-images-dc-universe/
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-universe-expands-bizarrotv-dcyou-unscripted-1245388
- ↑ https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/why-gotham-was-a-world-batman-showrunners-1203882
- ↑ https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/01/30/announcing-metropolis-dcs-newest-live-action-tv-series
- ↑ https://deadline.com/2018/05/swamp-thing-drama-series-james-wan-in-works-dc-digital-service-metropolis-redeveloped-dc-universe-1202381370/