"Legendary": Lex Luthor finally kills Superman on the battle field with a kryptonite spear, touting how the Man of Steel was killed by an ordinary man. Captain Cold appears out of the rubble, claiming that Superman needs to survive and that he can freeze his body to be revived later. Furious, Lu
- So how do you feel now, alien? Beaten...by a mere man.
- -- Lex Luthor
Appearing in "Legendary"
- Brainiac Eradicator
- Aquaman (In a photograph only)
- Atom Smasher (Dies)
- Bane (Dies)
- Black Adam (Dies)
- Black Canary
- Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
- Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) (In a photograph only)
- Catwoman (Dies)
- Cyborg (Dies)
- Deathstroke (Dies)
- Dr. Fate
- Doctor McKay
- Flash (Dies)
- Great Ten
- Green Lantern (In a photograph only)
- Harley Quinn (Dies)
- Killer Croc
- Martian Manhunter (Dies)
- Metropolis Police Department
- Mister Freeze
- Mister Terrific
- Poison Ivy (Dies)
- Power Girl
- Solomon Grundy
- Superman (Dies)
- Wonder Woman (In a photograph only)
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Captain Cold's Cold Gun
- Deathstroke's Energy Lance
- Lex Luthor's Warsuit
- Mister Freeze's Cold Gun
Synopsis for "Legendary"
Lex Luthor finally kills Superman on the battle field with a kryptonite spear, touting how the Man of Steel was killed by an ordinary man. Captain Cold appears out of the rubble, claiming that Superman needs to survive and that he can freeze his body to be revived later. Furious, Luthor shoots Captain Cold in the head, determined that Superman will never live again.
As Luthor goes on about how he destroyed this alien menace, Brainiac's ships appears overhead, now unhampered by Earth's heroes, they unleash exobytes all over the planet, infecting all of humanity. Luthor informs Brainiac's hologram that the robots he created using Brainiac's specifications are ready to be activated, and he is ready to take over the planet. But Brainiac reneges on his end of the deal and tells Luthor that once all life on the planet has been eradicated, that all of Earth's information will be stored in his computer banks and Earth will be deleted. Brainiac takes control of Luthor's power armor, but Lex manages to hack past the computers and regain partial control.
Luthor finds Black Adam barely alive in the rubble of Metropolis, but Adam knows he's dying. Luthor fights Brainiac's orders to finish off Black Adam, but begs him to say his magic word, hoping that a lightning strike will short out his suit's systems and allow him regain full control. Black Adam obliges, and Luthor regains control, fending off Brainiac's robots.
Now in human form, Adam says the word again, but nothing happens, as he realizes that his other self has died. No longer any use, Luthor allows the robots to finish off Adam's human form. Lex runs to his Lexcorp offices and escapes in a pod created for just such an emergency.
- Seven years ago, when Metropolis was still standing, Luthor's board meeting was interrupted by an emergency call about a problem in Laboratory K, Luthor's off-the-grid computer in Antarctica that stores information about all the meta-humans on Earth. A robot the size of a flea was downloading all the information, and the technicians couldn't seem to stop it.
- 57 minutes later, Luthor arrived at the lab and wondered how a tiny robot worked its way into his facility which was designed to keep out the likes of Batman, The Atom and even Oracle. Brainiac spoke to him through the computers, proposing they work together to finally destroy Superman. He claimed that if left unchecked, Superman would adversely affect the course of human evolution, which was what Luthor had feared all along. Without Superman, all of Earth's other heroes would fall into place.
Luthor lands his escape pod in the desert outside a hidden telecommunications station that only he has knowledge of. It is completely outside the satellite grid, so even Brainiac will be oblivious to it. He speaks out to the people across the globe, asking for all the heroes and villains to help him take down Brainiac.
The Atom is the first to respond, by riding the comm-signal back to its source. They begin rounding up surviving heroes and villains. Luthor and The Atom greet Blue Beetle, Doctor Fate, Black Canary, Powergirl, Solomon Grundy, Mister Freeze and August General so they can begin their plans to save the world.
- This book was first published on February 2, 2011.
- The events of this issue takes place after events depicted in the "Who Do You Trust" cinematic trailer.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss DC Universe Online Legends Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the DC Universe Online Legends series
- Images from DC Universe Online Legends Vol 1 1