Nightrider was a vampire who traveled back in time with the Team Titans.
When Dagon was only fourteen-years-old, he was abducted by a military commander named Stalg and taken to Castle Dracula in the mountains of Transylvania. Stalg recovered the remains of the original vampire lord Dracula and used his DNA to give Dagon vampire-like superhuman abilities. It was his intention to use Dagon as a template for the creation of an army of the undead in service to his master Lord Chaos.
Unfortunately, for Commander Stalg, it was the night of the Walpurgis Eclipse—a time when all evil was fated to be purged from the land. Mystical forces combined with the souls of Transylvanian villagers to create a grotesque creature that razed Castle Dracula. The creature attacked Stalg's troops, ultimately killing Stalg himself.
Dagon, now calling himself the Nightrider, recognized that one of Stalg's younger officers, Corporal Charles Watkins, had shown him compassion while he was imprisoned and felt he was not deserving of the same fate as Commander Stalg. He convinced the Walpurgis entity to spare Watkins life.
Dagon and Watkins soon became members of the superhuman resistance team known as the Team Titans.
Powers and Abilities
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Speed: A vampire's speed level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- Although similar to traditional vampires in terms of appearance and abilities, Dagon's vampiric nature was developed through artificial processes.
- It has been suggested that Dagon's true name might have been David.
- 48 Appearances of Dagon (Team Titans)
- 6 Images featuring Dagon (Team Titans)
- 1 Quotations by or about Dagon (Team Titans)
- Character Gallery: Dagon (Team Titans)