Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- 'Cuz these dogs know their days are numbered. And you must pay the BLUE DEVIL his due!
- — Blue Devil src
Daniel Cassidy is a descendant of the Cassidy family, who for years have kept humanity safe from dangerous artifacts by sucking the belief (which powers magic) out of them. His grandfather Liam, who had this legacy passed on to him by previous family members, cheapened the artifacts by making cheap and silly horror movies focusing on them, making people laugh at them instead of believing in them. Daniel eventually started wearing one of the artifacts, the Blue Devil suit (which was actually the skin of the demon Nebiros), to fight crime in Los Angeles.
When Liam was murdered by crimelord Tobias Whale's men, Daniel teamed up with the Black Lightning to stop Whale, who at the time was working with none other than Nebiros himself. After stopping the two, Daniel continued fighting crime as the Blue Devil.
- Blue Devil Suit: The Blue Devil Suit was originally the skin of the demon Nebiros, until it was cut from Nebiros' body by the demon Etrigan.
- Blue Devil (Daniel Cassidy) was created by Dan Mishkin, Gary Cohn and Paris Cullins, first appearing in Firestorm Vol 2. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Marc Andreyko and Robson Rocha's New 52 DC Universe Presents series.
- 24 Appearances of Daniel Cassidy (Prime Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Daniel Cassidy (Prime Earth)
- 4 Quotations by or about Daniel Cassidy (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Cassidy (Prime Earth)
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.