Dan Garret was born on December 6, 1916 to Mr. and Mrs. Michael Garret and grew up to become a police officer like his father. A neighborhood pharmacist named Doctor Franz believed Garret to be a man of strong moral character and so he provided him with his two greatest inventions: a bulletproof chain-mail costume woven with a silk overlay and Vitamin 2-X which greatly increased Garret's strength and durability. Armed with these items, Garret assumed the costumed guise of the Blue Beetle. For a time in the 1940s, the Blue Beetle worked with a sidekick called Sparky.
- This version of Dan Garret is the original Golden Age version, whose origin is dramatically different from his Silver Age counterpart, Dan Garrett (note the difference in spelling, although some comics mistakenly spell the original version as "Garrett"). While this version appeared in Fox Feature and Holyoke comics, he never appeared in any DC Comics titles. The updated Dan Garrett debuted in Blue Beetle (Volume 3) #1.
- This version of Blue Beetle, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 111 Appearances of Daniel Garret (Earth-Fox)
- 6 Images featuring Daniel Garret (Earth-Fox)
- 1 Quotations by or about Daniel Garret (Earth-Fox)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Garret (Earth-Fox)