Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
He is the ruler of the Dreaming and is both lord and personification of all dreams and stories.
Dark Nights: Metal
Leaving the Dreaming
Powers and Abilities
- Personification of Dreams: One of the seven Endless, inconceivably powerful beings, Dream is both lord and personification of all dreams and stories, all that is not in reality. He controls sleep, dreams, nightmares, and insomnia.
- Cosmic Awareness: As guardian and ruler of the Dreaming, Daniel has access to all stories ever told. Dream effectively knows almost everything, including how the Omniverse was created and the stories yet to be told. He is also able to sense changes in the Dreaming.
- Clairvoyance: Dream is capable of seeing through the eyes of Matthew the Raven at will.
- Dimensional Travel: Dream can create rifts in dimensions in order to past through them. No place in the Omniverse is off bounds to this ability, as he has teleported through the Multiverse, the Sphere of the Gods and even the Dark Multiverse. He can also allow others to travel through these portals.
- Dream Conjuring: Daniel is capable of summoning dreams, stories, and ideas and send them into the minds of others.
- Dream Entity Creation: As ruler of the Dreaming, Daniel is capable of using his power to create various dream entities, including nightmares. He states he is part of everything he creates.
- Enhanced Senses: Daniel is able to sense magical objects within his vicinity.
- Flight Dream is able to levitate through his own power at will.
- Illusion Casting: Daniel can cast illusions in the minds of others. While telling stories Dream often projects visions of these fables into a person's minds, so they may better understand the tale they are being told.
- Immortality: As one of the Endless, Daniel cannot die by any ordinary means.
- Reality Alteration: Inside the Dreaming, Dream can easily alter reality at whim, creating objects and entities to obey his every command. Dream's abandonment of his realm also caused a large tear in the Dreaming.
- Teleportation: Dream is capable of teleporting himself and others at will.
- Storytelling: As the lord of all stories ever told Dream is a masterful storyteller. He was able to explain the complex origin of Barbatos and the Dark Multiverse to mortals in a way that allowed them to understand it.
- Daniel Hall was created by Neil Gaiman and Kelley Jones, first appearing in Sandman (Volume 2) #22. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Daniel Hall first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Dark Nights: Metal #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.
- 10 Appearances of Daniel Hall (Prime Earth)
- 18 Images featuring Daniel Hall (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Daniel Hall (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Hall (Prime Earth)