Dan Hunter was born some time in the late 20th century. In 1990, his cousin, the time-traveling Rip Hunter, asked him to help out with some experiments that he had been working on in his Time Lab. Dan and Rip became involved in a centuries-old conspiracy perpetuated by the secret society known as the Illuminati. Rip discovered that in 1770, a Bavarian Illuminati agent named Adam Weishaupt had planned on assassinating American officer Colonel George Washington and taking his place. To prevent this from happening, Rip supplied Dan with a Time Pack and sent him back to the year 1770 to prevent the assassination. While there, Dan met frontier fighter Thomas "Tomahawk" Haukins and the two stopped the Illuminati from killing Washington. Feeling strangely at home in the 18th century, Dan radioed back to his cousin, telling him that he preferred living out his years in the 1700s. Rip honored Dan's wishes.
Powers and Abilities
- Equestrianism: During his time in the 18th century, Dan Hunter learned how to ride, groom and shoe a horse.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Dan Hunter was an able-bodied fighter, even though his style was based upon 20th century pugilism and not the manner of fighting commonly associated with the 18th century.
Lamborghini; later, a horse
- The Post-Crisis version of Dan Hunter differs greatly from his original Earth-One counterpart. Originally, Dan Hunter was not a time traveler, and was a native of the 18th century. He was also much younger when he first met Tomahawk, whereas the Post-Crisis Dan Hunter is approximately the same age as Tomahawk when they first meet.
- Sometimes Daniel's hair is colored blond rather than red.
- 7 Appearances of Daniel Hunter (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Daniel Hunter (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Daniel Hunter (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Hunter (New Earth)