Daniel Young was the sheriff of Bailysville, Montana in 1873.
Young is chasing local outlaws the Jackson Brothers one day when the spaceship of Green Lantern Corps member Abin Sur screams by overhead. Startled by the sight, Petey Jackson is thrown from his horse, allowing Sheriff Young to apprehend him. While leading Jackson back to the town jail, Young finds Abin Sur's downed ship and investigates. Injured in an earlier battle, Abin Sur needs time to heal, and deputizes Young as his temporary replacement Green Lantern.
Young possesses the ring for only a brief time, long enough to protect local boy Willy Benson from the remaining Jackson Brothers, who intended to swap him for their jailed brother. Upon defeating and capturing the Jacksons, the ring leaves his finger, presumably returning to the now-recovered Abin Sur.
Powers and Abilities
As a short-term deputy Green Lantern, Daniel Young never possessed a Power Battery and never had an opportunity to speak an oath.
- This version of Green Lantern, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 2 Appearances of Daniel Young (Earth-One)
- 2 Images featuring Daniel Young (Earth-One)
- 1 Quotations by or about Daniel Young (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Daniel Young (Earth-One)
- Green Lantern (Volume 2) #149
- Although flight is a function of all known Green Lantern rings, there is no evidence that Young ever flew during his possession of one.
|Green Lantern Corps member|
This character is or was a member of the Green Lantern Corps, chosen by the Guardians of the Universe to act as their sector's Green Lantern and to protect it from interstellar threats with a Power Ring.
This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Green Lantern Corps members category."