A.I.-11 also known as "Darius", was a cybernetic life form hailing from the Acheron.
A.I.-11 was created by the Acheronian scientist Mardok. Darius was Mardok's first project and he helped his maker with successive projects. But where Mardok considered his creations expendable, Darius cared for the outcasts. His mind was erased by Mardok and he was banished to a nearby asteroid that when he found his way to Cairn. Because of the fractured memory, Darius came to believe that he was from Earth and was a simple farmer who was abducted by aliens.
Darius was a loyal and selfless memeber of the L.E.G.I.O.N.. He was also the first recruit to die in battle. He was betrayed by teammate Ig'nea, who secretly worked for her father, Maximillian G'odd. Maximillian succeeded in making Vril Dox II disband the L.E.G.I.O.N.. After she was defeated, she had amassed an army of super-mercenaries. One of them, Varkan delivered a blow that beheaded Darius. Before he shut down, Darius asked Borb Borbb to return him to his homeworld, to his maker.
Dox studied Darius' head, which had been kept by Lobo as an ornament. He found a chip in the head with life-sim circuitry that was more advanced than that of Colu. He guessed its origin was the planet Acheron, which was rumoured to be a haven of cybernetic science.
Upon their arrival to the planet, a swarm of small androids immediately recognized Darius and began to repair him. Darius confronted his creator. Mardok threatened all the robotic creations, so Darius killed him. After that the other cybernetic life had no purpose, so Darius chose to remain with them to lead and guide them.
Powers and Abilities
- Cybernetic Enhancement: Darius possesses all of the various superhuman attributes:
- Superhuman Strength: Darius is superhumanly strong and possesses beyond the human limit.
- Superhuman Speed: As a Darius can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: Darius body is composed of metal. This material makes him durable to most attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: Darius can exert itself well beyond the human limit as long as he has sufficient power.
- Superhuman Agility: Darius has the agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Enhanced Intellect: He also is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data. His strongest asset is his intellect, which has got him out of many sticky situations.
- Audio Sensitivity: He can adjust the sensitivity of his audio receptors to a point where he can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Visual Scanners: He is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Vocal Imitation: He is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling him to impersonate them and even create his own.
- Mechanokinesis: Darius can communicate and interact with other computer systems.
- Energy Projection
- 19 Appearances of Darius (New Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Darius (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Darius (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Darius (New Earth)