- Darkseid's Apokolips. Evil in its purest form, the heart of human nature, obscured over time as something to be cast away rather than embraced. Hades, Kali, even the word "Lucifer" is an old Latin phrase meaning "morning star", "bringer of light." I'm afraid the centuries and translations have twisted Darkseid's true gifts. But before the end of days, his rapture will be the only salvation.
According to Carter Hall, Darkseid have been to Earth several times and been present during, at least, some of humanity's darkest hours like the Spanish Inquisition and the Third Reich. But each time it looked like the world was about to be consumed by hatred and darkness, another force arose to send the darkness back. Granny Goodness once claimed that Kali, Hades and Lucifer are all names that Darkseid's been known as on Earth. However, as Hades is an existing and separate entity, the accuracy of these claims is unknown.
What is known is that Darkseid had a son, named Orion. However, the boy was raised by another being, who was as devoted to the light, as Darkseid was to the darkness. This made Orion into a powerful enemy against his father. At least once, Orion banished Darkseid from Earth.
In 2010, Darkseid made it back to Earth, through a rift in the universe, that was caused when Clark Kent sent the Kryptonian clones to New Krypton. Taking over radio jockey Gordon Godfrey, Darkseid made himself the center of the rising anti-vigilante movement. For months, Darkseid corrupted countless humans, until it was enough to pull Apokolips through space and towards Earth. Knowing that Clark Kent was the only one who could stop him, Darkseid took over the body of Lionel Luthor from Earth-2 and confronted Clark. However, as Darkseid hadn't reached full strength, Clark was easily able to win the battle. Afterwards, Clark took to the sky and was able to free humanity from Darkseid's corruption, pushing Apokolips away from Earth.
Darkseid might've been defeated on Earth-1, but other Earths weren't always so lucky. In the reality known as Earth-Omega, Darkseid had managed to crash Apokolips into the Earth and become corporeal. However, the Monitors threatened this reality (along with all others), forcing Darkseid to join forces with Clark (now known as "Superman"), who had been stranded on Earth-Omega. In return, Clark had given Darkseid the Crystal of Knowledge from Earth-Majestic. This allows Darkseid to create a Fortress of Solitude on Earth-Omega, something Darkseid viewed as a new beginning.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Darkseid. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134.
- Darkseid was the main antagonist of the tenth and final season of the TV Series Smallville.
- While possessing the body of Lionel Luthor of Earth-2, Darkseid was portrayed by John Glover. This is similar to when he initially possessed Gordon Godfrey, portrayed by Michael Daingerfield and Oliver Queen, portrayed by Justin Hartley.
- 8 Appearances of Darkseid (Smallville)
- 1 Images featuring Darkseid (Smallville)
- Quotations by or about Darkseid (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Darkseid (Smallville)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."