Powers and Abilities
- New God Physiology: Darkseid's overbearing size, gravely voice, and granite-like skin give him a fierce countenance.
- Omega Beams: Darkseid projects spurts or pulses of flame beams from his eyes. The properties of the Omega Beams change according to Darkseid's needs. Sometimes they take the form of concussive bolts of energy. Other times, they may manifest as lethal disintegration rays. The only living being able to withstand these rays is Superman.
- Immortality: It is believed that Darkseid is an ancient being, possibly several millennia old. His body does not suffer the rigors of disease or the normal cellular mitosis that comes with age.
- Invulnerability: Darkseid is well-nigh invulnerable and can withstand nearly any physical threat. This is not to suggest that Darkseid cannot be injured however. Sufficient physical force, such as a full-powered punch from Superman, will weaken and even injure Darkseid, though he has been known to recover from such damage extremely quickly.
- Superhuman Stamina: Darkseid can operate with maximum efficiency for an undetermined period of time without rest or the need for sleep.
- Superhuman Strength: Darkseid is one of the strongest beings in the galaxy, but his strength is not greater than Superman.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Super Friends and is an adaptation of Darkseid. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134.
- Darkseid was voiced by Frank Welker.
- 26 Appearances of Darkseid (Super Friends)
- 1 Images featuring Darkseid (Super Friends)
- Quotations by or about Darkseid (Super Friends)
- Character Gallery: Darkseid (Super Friends)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.