- See how cynical becoming a real fearless avenger of evil deeds and eerie friend of the needy makes you?
- — Midnight src
David Clark was the hero known as Midnight.
He originally moved from his Midwestern home to New York City in the late 1930s. There, he became a radio announcer at station WXAM. When Clark learned that a building he had seen collapsed had originally been erected by a criminally negligent construction group, he adopted the Midnight identity, a character he had first heard of in a radio drama entitled The Man Called Midnight, to force the construction company's owner to admit about his culpability.
During World War II, Midnight subsequently became a member of the Freedom Fighters, a splinter group of the All-Star Squadron. He also allied with the eccentric genius Dr. Wackey and his super-intelligent ape, Gabby. Midnight's crime fighting ended after the war.
Powers and Abilities
- This character is an adaptation of the original character published by Quality Comics during the Golden Age. Midnight was created by Jack Cole and debuted in Smash Comics #18, but was adapted for the DC Multiverse by Roy Thomas and Rick Hoberg and debuted in All-Star Squadron #31.
- 10 Appearances of David Clark (New Earth)
- 5 Images featuring David Clark (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about David Clark (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: David Clark (New Earth)
|Freedom Fighters member |
This character is or was a member of the Freedom Fighters, a team of American super-heroes who fight threats to the nation and its ideals under the leadership of Uncle Sam. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Freedom Fighters members" category.
|All-Star Squadron member|
This character is or was a member of the All-Star Squadron in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "All-Star Squadron members" category.