Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
David Zavimbe is the hero Batwing in the African nation Tinasha.
A child soldier with his brother Isaac, David was trained from a very early age in the ways of war. Taking up a gun and receiving additional training from the Army of Dawn, they soon proved themselves the most prominent soldiers the Army had to offer. General Keita saw the promise the children posed, despite their unwillingness to execute women or children, and dubbed them the Dragonflies. When the General attacked Isaac and threw him off a cliff, David struck out against the Army and survived out of an orphanage under the tutelage of Matu Ba and Rene Diallo.
In this new timeline, David's adventures with Batman Incorporated continue, however, he focuses his efforts on the Congo and its revolutionary war with local militia groups. He apprehends the criminal Blood Tiger and learns of Massacre and his assassination attempts against members of The Kingdom. David is currently in the process of capturing the villain before he completes his quest to murder the rest of the team.
Batwing assists the U.N.-sponsored Justice League International when they're attacked by a terrorist group called the Burners. In the hospital, he visits his old friend and ally Vixen in critical condition. He rescues Booster Gold during a fight with Lightweaver. When the League is attacked by OMAC, he helps control the situation. He also helps them fight rogue Firestorms in Paris. They track down the Burners and lose in combat, with Batwing defeated when Intersek manipulates Booster. Their leader Breakdown stages a public execution, but OMAC breaks them out and Batwing takes down Crosscut in the struggle. At Rocket Red's funeral, Batwing leaves the saying he has too many duties elsewhere. Despite this he helps them take down an African warlord during their last sanctioned mission.
- Computer Operation
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced)
- Batwing (David Zavimbe) was created by Grant Morrison and Yanick Paquette, first appearing as part of the Batman Incorporated in Batman Incorporated #5. However, in the rebooted Prime Earth continuity his first appearance as part of the DC Universe is in Judd Winick and Ben Oliver's New 52 Batwing series.
- 41 Appearances of David Zavimbe (Prime Earth)
- 50 Images featuring David Zavimbe (Prime Earth)
- 17 Quotations by or about David Zavimbe (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: David Zavimbe (Prime Earth)
- Justice League International (Volume 3) #7
- Justice League International (Volume 3) #8
- Justice League International (Volume 3) #9
- Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men #9
- Justice League International (Volume 3) #10
- Justice League International (Volume 3) #11
- Justice League International (Volume 3) #12
- Justice League International Annual (Volume 3) #1
- Batwing #16
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.