Dawg was a wandering alien canine who took to following the bounty hunter Lobo around.
Lobo tolerated the mutt but had little patience for anyone who referred to it as his dog.
Although he appeared like a normal Earth bulldog, Dawg had extraterrestrial roots, explaining his ability to articulate, a characteristic he seldom displayed. Dawg hung around with Lobo for several of his jobs, but the two parted company many years ago. Dawg was distinguished by his iron cross dog collar and the fact that he was usually seen with a band aid on his face.
Dawg was stomped to death by Lobo when he became possessed by the Neural Djinn. Lobo donated the body to a freak show, displayed in a cabinet labelled, Intergal Taxidermy.
- Alien Dog Physiology: Dawg is an alien of unknown origin.
- Dawg's death was either unknown or forgotten by Geoff Johns who resurrected him in Green Lantern (Volume 4) #54 and
#55, although it is possible this is a different dog, as Doug Mahnke draws him more like a pit bull rather than a bulldog. Johns' also has Lobo specifically refer to it as his dog.
- Dawg featured in The Ratties, a series of internal comic strips throughout the Lobo P.I. storyline.
- 33 Appearances of Dawg (New Earth)
- 9 Images featuring Dawg (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Dawg (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dawg (New Earth)