Daxamites are an alien Humanoid race of beings who originate from the planet Daxam, which circles a dwarf red star called Valor. They strongly resemble Earth-based humans in their structure and appearance, but their biology is far more advanced.
In fact, Daxamites have an equivalent physiognomy to Kryptonians such as the special abilities in a yellow-sun environment, but they also have an extreme sensitivity to lead unless treated with medications only available in the 30th Century onward.
Daxamites are able to utilize the energy in their bodies in far more direct, intense, and elaborate manners than humans can. This is because Daxamites are descended from a large separatist group of 800 Kryptonian settlers, three thousand years ago, who interbred with the indigenous primitive "Ogigi" people. These cave-dwellers were very religious, disciples of the god Sard. Over several centuries, Kryptonian culture was blended and integrated with Ogigi customs. During this time, the Daxamites founded a new religious and xenophobic order known as the "eradicators", avoiding contact with other planets, as well as founding the government's White Triangle, consisting of strict laws for the Daxamite people. Two famous Daxamite dissidents against this policy were Sodam Yat and Mon-El, the legendary 'free-willed' Daxamites.
They are fatally hyper-allergic to lead, but even the early Daxamites were renowned for their biochemical research, and 300 years after their new civilization's formation, the scientists of Daxam eradicated all lead poisoning material in Daxam, significantly extending their own lifespans.
Present-day Daxamites possess very similar sets of super powers and abilities to those of the few surviving Kryptonians, when under a yellow sun. Daxamites are not affected by Kryptonite, as their distant Kryptonian cousins are.
A xenophobic race by nature, Daxamites have traditionally avoided interaction with other space-faring races, but exceptions have been made, in order to secure the defense of their planet. It was an instance such as this that moved the Daxamites towards siding with the Dominators during the alien Invasion of Earth several years ago.
During the Imperiex War, Daxam was besieged by dozens of Imperiex Probes, which were responsible for killing hundreds of Daxamites. The Earth heroes known as the JSA, as well as a full compliment of reserves, traveled to Daxam and liberated the planet, without suffering a single casualty.
Many years later, Daxam was taken over by the galactic despot known as Mongul. Armed with six Qwardian Power Rings, Mongul made Daxam the new base of operations for the Sinestro Corps. Green Lanterns Arisia and Sodam Yat (himself a Daxamite) flew to Daxam to save the people from Mongul's brutality. After a hard-fought battle, Sodam found a way to empower the people to fight for themselves, by flying to Daxam's red sun, and infusing it with the power of the Ion, transforming it from a red star into a yellow star. The yellow-solar ultraviolet radiation gave the Daxamites a broad spectrum of super powers. This heroic act cost Sodam Yat his life, but the people of Daxam now had the power to defend themselves. Green Lantern Arisia volunteered to remain for a time on Daxam, to train the Daxamites and forge an underground rebellion to oust Mongul.
Powers and Abilities
- Daxamite Physiology: In a solar system with a "yellow" sun, the average Daxamite possesses powers similar to those of a Kryptonian:
- Solar Energy Absorption: Under optimal conditions, this is the main source of their super powers as they are contingent upon exposure to solar radiation from a yellow sun star system. Their biological make up includes a number of organs which lack analogues in humans and whose functions are unknown. It is believed that between one or more of these and their bio-cellular matrix, "yellow" solar energy is stored for later use. This allows for the use of these powers to fade when yellow solar radiation is not available instead of immediate failure.
- Heat Vision: Daxamites can, as a conscious act, fire beams of intense heat at a target by looking at it. Typically, the power is seen as two beams of red light emanating from the eyes. These beams can be made invisible, allowing the power to be undetectable. The maximum temperature of their heat vision is said to be around that of a nuclear detonation. They can also consciously determine the area affected, down to the microscopic level.
- Super-Hearing: Daxamite hearing is sensitive enough to hear any sound at any volume or pitch. With skill, practice, and concentration, they can block out ambient sounds to focus on a specific source or frequency. As such, they can identify a person by their heartbeat, or pick out a single voice in an entire city.
- Enhanced Vision: Daxamite vision processes the entire electromagnetic spectrum as well as allowing vast control over selective perception and focus.
This umbrella ability includes the following:
- Electromagnetic Spectrum Vision: Daxamite can see well into most of the electromagnetic spectrum. They can see and identify radio and television signals as well as all other broadcast or transmitted frequencies. Using this ability, they can avoid detection by radar or satellite monitoring methods. This also allows them to see the aura generated by living thing.
- Telescopic Vision: This is the ability to see something at a great distance, without violating the laws of physics. Though limited, the exact extent of the ability is undetermined. In function, it is similar to the zoom lens on a camera.
- X-Ray Vision: This is the ability to see through any volume of matter except lead. Daxamites can see things behind a solid, opaque object as if it were not there. They can focus this ability to "peel back" layers of an object, allowing hidden image or inner workings to be observed. The exact type of energy perceived—such as x-rays, cosmic rays, or some other energy invisible to normal humans—is unclear. This ability perceives an ambient energy source though, it does not involve the eye projecting a concentrated, possibly toxic, beam to be reflected back from objects.
- Microscopic Vision: This is the ability to see extremely small objects and images down to the atomic level.
- Infrared Vision: Daxamites can see with better acuity in darkness, and to a degree in total darkness.
- Flight: Daxamites are able to manipulate graviton particles, in an unknown and apparently unconscious manner, to defy the forces of gravity. Under one Earth gravity, they are capable of speeds of multi-Mach speeds in Earth's atmosphere. Their control of their flight is very precise and they can perform aerobatic feats such as hovering, flying backwards and even lifting great weights while flying.
- Invulnerability: The bodies of Daxamites are nigh-invulnerable to extreme energy forces. In addition, their immune systems protects them from toxins and diseases. The most common explanations for this rely on the presences of a super-dense molecular structure, a supercharged bio-electric aura which acts as an invisible force field, or a combination of the two. A byproduct of the aura is that items close to the skin share their invulnerability. Using clothing as an example, loose fitting fabric would tend to shred or burn in adverse conditions, but skin tight outfits would not.
- Superhuman Stamina: Daxamites have the ability to maintain continuous strenuous physical action for an indefinite period of time. In theory they have unlimited stamina as their enhanced nourishment is produced from the yellow solar energy their cells process, which also provides the majority of the power for their superhuman abilities. However, their base physical structures do need to process food stuffs and they have a psychological need to eat and drink just as Earth humans do. They also require sleep on occasion so that they can dream. They can also hold their breath for an indefinite period of time.
- Superhuman Strength: A Daxamite develops enhanced physical strength after absorbing a sufficient amount of yellow solar radiation. This radiation interacts with the greater than human density, resilience and biological efficiency of their musculature to trigger superhuman levels. While the exact magnitude of their strength is unknown, it is generally accepted that it is sufficient to lift 100,000 tons or more. The specific range is unknown as a their strength, like their other powers, may fluctuate over time. Their strength is also more an act of conscious will on energy fields than actual physical strength. It is this act of conscious will that enables them to perform physical feats that are beyond the mere application force, such as moving a mountain top without said rock crumbling under its own mass. At full power, their normal strength levels are well into the multi-megaton range.
- Superhuman Speed: Daxamites are able to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. They can match most other speedsters in super-fast movements, reactions, and processes. They can use this power to disarm opponents without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds.
This also confers:
- Super-Breath: Daxamites are able to create hurricane force winds by exhaling air from their lungs. They can chill the air as it leaves their lungs to freeze targets in a variation sometimes called "freeze" or "arctic breath". They can also reverse the process and pull large volumes of air or vapor into their lungs.
- Longevity: Daxamites can live longer than regular humans, remaining at their prime as long as they was under the exposure of the "yellow" sun.
- Vulnerability to Lead: All Daxamites are highly vulnerable to lead, an element which does not exist on their planet. Even the smallest exposure to lead instantly robs superpowered Daxamites of their abilities and results in fatal, irreversible lead poisoning for all. Unlike their Kryptonian cousins where their weakness when exposed to Green Kryptonite radiation is temporary, lead poisoning in Daxamites is always fatal. Before a cure was found, Mon-El had to stay in the Phantom Zone without a corporal body in order to stay alive. He was only Daxamite ever able to exit the Zone permanently after Brainiac 5 invented an "anti-lead serum". Recently, it has been discovered that their weaknesses against lead can be removed using Krypton's advanced technology. The Eradicator has proven this by created new breed of Daxamites through genetic engineering experiments and the cloning process.
- Vulnerability to Magic: Similar to Kryptonians, Daxamites has been shown to be vulnerable to magic-based attacks. They can be injured and worn down by powerful magic users. Daxamites vulnerability to magic varies depending upon the special effects of the magic. No magic seems to be able to directly destroy them unless it comes from a semi-divine or divine source.
- Solar Energy Dependency: Like Kryptonians, Daxamites rely on solar radiation from the yellow sun as a source of their powers. Their abilities will eventually weaken without replenishing their energy reserves with normal (yellow) sun radiation. When exposed to the same red solar radiation as Krypton's red sun Rao or cut off from yellow sun as the source of their strength, it causes Daxamites to lose their powers and stamina within a large amount of exposure until exposure to yellow sunlight reverses this effect.
Habitat: Marsh Land, Dry.
Gravity: Much Higher than Earth.
Population: 3 billion 
- Various extra-dimensional Daxamites have developed super-powers that vary drastically in comparison to their various native dimensions. Super speed, heat vision, x-ray vision, and super breath are among their many super-powers.
- According to their ancient legends, on Pre-Kryptonian Daxam there were also indigenous primate breeds, which were descendants of "those who came from the sky," the old inhabitants of Daxam.
- The Cleric was a mysterious alien who visited planets to abduct beings, altering their DNA to be slaves to him, about five hundred thousand years ago, in his "Warworld" star empire. He preached the teachings of the Divine Deity and was responsible for the genesis of the Clone Rights Movement. The cleric established a ministry in his tyranny, however, the genetic flaw introduced by his brother Sard altered the idealism of his followers, creating a rebellion against the tyrannical cleric in the subterranean prison of a planetoid founded by him. During a war with the powerful Cleric, Sard sacrificed his life to save a group of surviving slaves, leading them to a planet nearer to a red dwarf star, colliding his ship with the other ship of his brother Cleric. The survivors came to live in this planet's caves, and their descendants became a tribe of natives, isolated far from their natural habitat, and there Sard became a God to this people, who called themselves Ogigi.