Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Desaad is a henchman of the overlord of Apokolips, Darkseid, who is infamous for his sadism as he draws power from others' agony.
He became Darkseid's Interrogator and aided Steppenwolf in his attack on Earth-2. When Darkseid's forces attacked, Desaad tortured Superman, planning to use his DNA to create more powerful Parademons. However, the invasion failed, leaving Desaad lost on Earth, where he used his advanced technology and mind control powers to spread despair.
When Mister Terrific was exiled to Earth-2 in a quantum-tunneling mishap, Desaad stole his identity, and clashed with his girlfriend, Power Girl and her companion Huntress, while he tried to find his way back to Apokolips and his master.
Desaad was then summoned to take part in the second invasion of Earth-2. Working from a secret lair beneath Geneva, he turned Huntress into a warped Fury called Famine and created a new breed of warriors that helped Darkseid Conquer Earth-2: Protofuries.
- Illusion Casting: DeSaad has the ability to appear the way he wishes to be seen, either in his true form, or another persons form.
- Superhuman Strength: Desaad can gain power from those in pain.
- Mind Control: Desaad has the ability to mentally influence others.
- DeSaad was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in Forever People #2. However, in the Prime Earth continuity DeSaad first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in OMAC (Volume 4) #5 by Dan DiDio, Jeff Lemire, and Keith Giffen.
- 35 Appearances of DeSaad (Prime Earth)
- 5 Images featuring DeSaad (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about DeSaad (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: DeSaad (Prime Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.
|Power Girl Villain(s) |