Dean Higgins was a member of US Military Intelligence, and was selected by John Lynch to be part of Team 7. The unit's stated goal was to deal with metahumans and police superhuman technology, but the hidden goal of the unit was to give all its members superpowers.
On their last mission, Team 7 were sent to Gamorra to secure Pandora's Box. Higgins, as a member of the group, served honourably, but somehow, in the cofusion, a freak accident involving Black Canary's sonic powers and a wave of psychic energy melded the minds of Kaizen Gamora and Higgins. Now calling himself Regulus, Higgins took control of the "Basilisk" terrorist network.
The Suicide Squad was later sent to take them down, and had placed Captain Boomerang in there as a spy. They managed to kill their second in command, Gray Lora and Deadshot shot himself in an attempt to kill Regulus. He missed, and the bullet grazed both of their hearts.
He later apprehended Kurt Lance and used him as bait to get Black Canary and the Birds of Prey. He apparently died when Dinah blasted him through the wall of Castle Gamorra and he fell off a cliff, to his death.
- Dean Higgins was depicted as African American in his first appearance, but changed to Caucasian in his other appearances.
- 23 Appearances of Dean Higgins (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Dean Higgins (Prime Earth)
- 3 Quotations by or about Dean Higgins (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Dean Higgins (Prime Earth)