Finally born after the Furies' defeat, the Deathspawn of Apokolips made it's way to the planet's heart, the source of the Avatars's power.
Reaching the Parliament of Earth, the Deathspawn proceeded to singlehandedly defeat the elemental forces of the planet when Green Lantern was summoned to save them to nearly no avail, as Deathspawn was tearing his way through the planet's core in order to prepare it for Apokolips' arrival.
His power spreading, Deathspawn covered the Earth on molten metal, terraforming the planet so Apokolips could feast on it.
Powers and Abilities
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Strength: Martians possess vast levels of superhuman strength and are among the few races that are able to match Kryptonians in terms of raw strength. Martians can easily shatter reinforced concrete and steel, lift and carry houndreds of tons with ease and deliver incredible damage with their blows.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Durability: Martians possess high levels of durability that make them nigh-invulnerable to all forms of damage. Martians can withstand high caliber bullets, powerful energy blast and kinetic impacts without suffering damage.
- Superhuman Speed: Martians can process thoughts, move, and react at incredible speed, being able to cover vast distances in little or no time, catch bullets in mid flight, run on water and create afterimages as they run.
- Regeneration: Martians have powerful regenerative powers that enable them to regenerate their entire body from a severed limb, they can furtherly enhance their regenerative powers by drawing mass from nearby sources.
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Heat Vision
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Telekinesis: Martians have mind-over-matter abilities and can lift and move objects with their minds. They can also employ their telekinesis in offensive way by discharging telekinetic blasts capable of great concussive power.
- Martian/New God Physiology: As a Martian and New God hybrid, the Deathspawn of Apokolips possess a unique array of abilities at his disposal.
- Regeneration: The Deathspawn's body recovered from a blast of Green Lantern in an instant.
- Superhuman Speed: The Deathspawn reached the Earth's core from the planet's surface in a matter of seconds.
- Invulnerability: The Deathspawn could endure the overwhelming heat of the Earth's core.
- Dimensional Travel: The Spawn of Death could reach the Parliament Enclave, a location that is nowhere to be found on the physical plane.
- Infection: The Deathspawn's most dangerous ability is that to corrode the living heart of an entire planet to the point of self-annihilation,  terraforming it into something Apokolips can feed on.
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human. At times this has been portrayed as physical, psychological, or a combination of the two. The effect of this is to strip any Martian of their powers as they involuntarily lose control of their body.
- 5 Appearances of Deathspawn (Earth 2)
- 1 Images featuring Deathspawn (Earth 2)
- Quotations by or about Deathspawn (Earth 2)
- Character Gallery: Deathspawn (Earth 2)
- Earth 2: World's End #17
- Earth 2: World's End #18
- Earth 2: World's End #19
- Earth 2 #32
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 4) #1
- Detective Comics #225
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 4) #2
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 3) #3
- JLA #3
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #8
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 2) #3
- DC Comics Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Who's Who: Update '88 #2
- Martian Manhunter #4
- Detective Comics #226
- Martian Manhunter (Volume 3) #8
- Earth 2: World's End #20
|Justice Society Villain(s) |
This character, team or organization is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice Society, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Justice Society Villains" category.