Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Demeter is one of the first Olympian Gods, daughter of Cronus and Rhea. At birth she and her brothers and sisters served as food for her father, but thanks to Zeus and Rhea they were revived and fought against him, casting Cronus into Tartarus.
- This character is an adaptation of Demeter, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Demeter was first adapted by Don Heck, first appearing in Wonder Woman #328. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Demeter first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #11 by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.
- 8 Appearances of Demeter (Prime Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Demeter (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Demeter (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Demeter (Prime Earth)