"Seven Against The Dark": Four centuries ago, Camelot fell. King Arthur died and the legendary Excalibur returned to the Lady of the Lake. Meanwhile, Merlin, having forseen Jason Blood's destiny, bonds him with the demon Etrigan.
- You’re just in time for your destiny.
- -- Merlin
Appearing in "Seven Against The Dark"
- Al Jabr (First appearance)
- Exoristos (First appearance)
- Horsewoman (First appearance)
- King Arthur (Appears only as a corpse)
- The Lady of the Lake
- Pandora (Cameo)
Synopsis for "Seven Against The Dark"
Four centuries ago, Camelot fell. King Arthur died and the legendary Excalibur returned to the Lady of the Lake. Meanwhile, Merlin, having forseen Jason Blood's destiny, bonds him with the demon Etrigan.
In "present day" (but still the Dark Ages), the Questing Queen and Mordru search for an unknown objective. Their next point of attack is a little village named Little Spring. There, Jason Blood and Madame Xanadu are on their pilgrimage when they cross paths with another immortal: Vandal Savage. They take a drink with him when their attention is called by the Shining Knight, who does not believe them to have been present at the Fall of Camelot. At the same time, the bartender has trouble with two travelers named Al Jabr and Exoristos. The bartender won't serve Al Jabr, but Exoristos roughly convinces him to do so. Meanwhile, a priest is attacked by three robbers when he is saved by a mysterious horsewoman. Back at Little Spring, the bar gets attacked by the Questing Queen's horde. Then, Jason decides to transform himself to Etrigan to fight them off. Xanadu apparently feels a mayor attraction for Etrigan than she does for Jason. While everybody fights off the Horde, Mordru casts a dragon to attack the bar.
- This book was first published on September 14, 2011.
- From the Solicitation: Set in the Dark Ages of the DC Universe, a barbarian horde is massing to crush civilization. It's fallen to Madame Xanadu and Jason Blood, the man with a monster inside him, to stand in their way - though the demon Etrigan has no interest in protecting anyone or anything other than himself! It'll take more than their own power to stop an army fueled by bloodlust and dark sorcery, and some very surprising heroes - and villains - will have no choice but to join the fray!
- Pandora makes a brief cameo appearance to witness the events of this story, as she does all #1 issues published as part of The New 52. She can be seen on this issue's title page, among the Questing Queen's caravan.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Demon Knights Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Demon Knights series
- Images from Demon Knights Vol 1 1
- The Demon Recommended Reading
- Madame Xanadu Recommended Reading