Derinoe was an Amazon witch. She was responsible for the creation of Donna Troy.
Before the death of Queen Alcippe, Derinoe and Hippolyta were lovers. Hippolyta's ascension put some distance between them, but Derinoe remained Hippolyta's most important advisor. During a campaign against Sparta, the witch goddess Hecate sent a shadowy assassin to the queen's tent. Derinoe fought the creature, but lost, and it drained her youth away. Now having the appearance of an old crone, Derinoe sought mostly seclusion.
After she discovered Hippolyta's brief affair with Zeus and the birth of Diana, she started plotting to create a better heir for Hippolyta. With some of Hecate's magic, she created Donna Troy, and played her cards after the death of the queen.
Derinoe gathered support from other Amazons, and almost succeeded in placing Donna on the throne. Wonder Woman bested Donna and showed her truth; the other Amazons changed their allegiance shortly after. Angry over her loss, Derinoe moved to stab Diana, but was slain by one of her former followers before she could reach the rightful queen.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Speed: Derinoe, in her youth, was Themyscira's fastest warrior. (Formerly)
- This character is an adaptation of Derinoe, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 5 Appearances of Derinoe (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Derinoe (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Derinoe (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Derinoe (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."