- Yes. Mighty Steppenwolf, who might have sat here by the side of the great one. But undone by his self-pride.
- — Desaad src
Not too long after Superman died, the ancient Mother Boxes awoke after thousands of years. In result, Steppenwolf was sent to Earth to retrieve them. During the conquest, Steppenwolf would sometimes communicate with Desaad on his progress, though Desaad doubted his loyalty and will to succeed due to his betrayal of Darkseid.
When Steppenwolf revealed he had discovered that Earth housed the Anti-Life Equation, the shocked Desaad withdrew, allowing Darkseid to talk to his exiled general.
Later, Desaad was present with Granny Goodness when Darkseid prepared to boom tube to Earth, only for the Justice League to repel the Unity and defeat Steppenwolf. As Desaad asked what Darkseid planned to do next, the latter responded with the command for him to prepare the Apokoliptian Armada to Earth.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Desaad. The original character was created by Jack Kirby and first appeared in Forever People #2.
- Desaad was portrayed by Peter Guinness through motion-capture performance and voice acting.
- While one of Desaad's scenes was retained in the theatrical version of Justice League - in which Steppenwolf converses with Desaad through the Mother Boxes - Desaad himself was removed, so seems as if Steppenwolf is talking to the Mother Box itself.
- 1 Appearances of Desaad (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Desaad (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Desaad (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Desaad (DC Extended Universe)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.