Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Desaad is a henchman of the overlord of Apokolips, Darkseid, who is infamous for his sadism as he draws power from others' agony.
Powers and Abilities
- New God Physiology: The beings of Apokolips call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space, even outside of the normal 52 universes. These New Gods have evolved due to taking up the powers of other gods and through the use of the Source, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of Apokolips are immortal, stronger, faster and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance.
- Mind Control: Desaad has the ability to mentally influence others.
- Illusion Casting: DeSaad has the ability to appear the way he wishes to be seen, either in his true form, or another persons form.
- DeSaad was created by Jack Kirby, first appearing in Forever People #2. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, DeSaad first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in OMAC (Volume 4) #5 by Dan DiDio, Jeff Lemire, and Keith Giffen.
- 26 Appearances of Desaad (Prime Earth)
- Images featuring Desaad (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Desaad (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Desaad (Prime Earth)
|Jack Kirby's Fourth World |
This character or group of characters are related to Jack Kirby's Fourth World, either the original concept and group of titles by Jack Kirby, or any of their subsequent adaptations by other creators. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Fourth World Characters category.