- Destiny is unavoidable, killer!
- — Destiny src
The enigmatic Destiny was an unnamed, shabbily-dressed tramp, who would quite literally appear from nowhere, to subdue a thug or a gang, then vanish.
For almost two years, in Main City, in the early 1940s, this mysterious figure made it his business to appear at the scenes of crimes and of potential crimes, and disrupt them. As far as the general public or police know, his series of appearances began and ended without explanation.
According to one vaudeville performer, "Professor Seezall Nozal," this unknown man was gifted with the occult power of foreseeing death, trouble, and disaster that has already happened, and that which will happen.
Powers and Abilities
- Trance-Call: Destiny would unexpectedly go into a trance, and be involuntarily whirled thru time and space, to the scene of any imminent murder. He understood himself to be operating at the direction of Fate.
- Dimensional Travel On one occasion Destiny was able to voluntarily invoke the Trance-Call, and was transported to the supernatural realm of Death.
- This version of Destiny, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Unlike Death and the Master of the Underworld, the face of Fate has never been shown in a Destiny story.
- 22 Appearances of Destiny (Quality Universe)
- 2 Images featuring Destiny (Quality Universe)
- 4 Quotations by or about Destiny (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Destiny (Quality Universe)