"Targets of the Alien Z-Ray": Two bank robbers force two aliens stranded on Earth to give them the secrets of a Z-Ray, which kills by delayed action, and use it against Batman and Robin. However, the aliens trick the crooks by altering
Appearing in "Targets of the Alien Z-Ray"
- Knuckles Boland (Single appearance)
- Rusty (Single appearance)
- Giant alien creatures (Only appearance; dies)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Joe (Single appearance)
- Goga (an alien visitor) (Single appearance)
- Hyora (an alien visitor) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Targets of the Alien Z-Ray"
Two bank robbers force two aliens stranded on Earth to give them the secrets of a Z-Ray, which kills by delayed action, and use it against Batman and Robin. However, the aliens trick the crooks by altering the killing ray making it harmless, so that the Dynamic Duo can capture the criminals, who become overconfident in the use of the alien weapon. After the crooks are captured, the aliens return to their home planet.
Appearing in "J'onn J'onzz vs Futureman"
- B'enn B'urnzz (martian criminal from the future) (Single appearance)
- gang of crooks (Single appearance)
- Futureman (police officer from the future)
Synopsis for "J'onn J'onzz vs Futureman"
After appearing to catch a falling girder, J'onn J'onzz is confronted by a man who claims to have come from 100 years in the future and who declares his intention to capture him. The Futureman wields powerful weapons from his time, but J'onzz is able to triumph. Then he learns that Futureman is a policeman from the 21st Century who has come after B'enn B'urnzz, a Martian criminal of his time, who has travelled back to 1962 via a time machine. B'urnzz has hooked up with a criminal gang in Middletown and is committing robberies, but J'onzz confronts him. The two Martians battle for hours, until J'onzz finally seems to run away. However, he was only getting a mouthful of fuel from a gasoline truck, which he spits around B'urnzz. The Futureman ignites the gasoline ring, causing it to burst into flame and weaken B'urnzz. Futureman takes B'urnzz back to 2062, and J'onzz takes care of the rest of the gang.
- "J'onn J'onzz Vs. Futureman" is reprinted in Showcase Presents: Martian Manhunter Vol 2.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 305 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series