"Slaughter in Silver": During the investigation of Talia's murder and Ra's al Ghul's suicide, Batman comes across the case of a skeleton found within a silver Batman statue. When he learns that the skeleton has been moved to the morgue,
Appearing in "Slaughter in Silver"
- Sterling Silversmith (First appearance)
- Duffy (Only appearance; dies)
- Roger (Only appearance; dies)
- Miggs (Single appearance)
- Frank (Single appearance)
- Louis Silversmith (Appears only as a corpse)
- Thomas Wayne (In a photograph only)
- Martha Wayne (In a photograph only)
- Gotham Police
- Officer Kelly (Single appearance)
- Officer Harris (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Slaughter in Silver"
During the investigation of Talia's murder and Ra's al Ghul's suicide, Batman comes across the case of a skeleton found within a silver Batman statue. When he learns that the skeleton has been moved to the morgue, Batman infiltrates the place to continue his investigation, but he is confronted by three thugs who want to retrieve the sleketon. Batman prevents them from taking the skeleton, but he is forced to flee when the police arrive because he is now a wanted man by the law.
Batman follows the criminal trio to their hideout, where they report their failure to the leader of the gang; a man called Sterling Silversmith. Batman listens to their conversation and learns that Silversmith is a notorious silver smuggler and that he is responsible for placing the skeleton of his own brother inside the statue. Batman leaps into action and tries to stop Silversmith, but the criminal manages to knock Batman and prepares to eliminate him. Batman breaks free in time to save himself and stop Silversmith just as the police find the place and arrest all the criminals. Some of the officers try to stop Batman, but they can't shoot at him, giving Batman the chance to escape and continue his investigation to clear his name.
Appearing in "The Mystery of the Flyaway Car!"
- Unnamed Thief (Single appearance)
- Anti-Gravity Belt
- Carter Hall's Car
Synopsis for "The Mystery of the Flyaway Car!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 446 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
Links and References