"Batman: "Returning Reflections"": In the Batcave, Jason Todd writes his latest adventure with Batman.
Detective Comics #555 is an issue of the series Detective Comics (Volume 1) with a cover date of October, 1985. It was published on July 25, 1985.
Appearing in Batman: "Returning Reflections"
- Frankie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Batman: "Returning Reflections"
Working together with Commissioner Gordon, Batman and Robin come up with a plan to capture at least one of the criminals from Central City and they are going to need Harvey Bullock as bait. In a burst of joy, Bullock agrees but smashes the Bat-Signal by accident.
As part of the plan, Batman goes undercover as Matches Malone and spreads the word in the underworld about the transport of the valuable museum piece that Captain Boomerang and Mirror Master tried to steal. When the news reach Boomerang, he commands a hypnotized Mirror Master to steal the item.
Like this, Bullock is in charge of transporting the relic and as expected, Mirror Master attempts to steal it from him. Unfortunately, Bullock doesn't follow the plan and instead of waiting for Batman and Robin, he tries to capture the crook himself. This plan fails and Bullock is instead captured by Mirror Master, who takes Bullock back to his hideout. Batman and Robin follow the criminal, but Mirror Master and Boomerang start fighting once Mirror Master reveals that he was never hypnotized, but instead only played along to fool Boomerang.
Batman and Robin arrive at the crooks' hideout and they defeat them with help from Bullock, who claims that he wasn't kidnapped, but it was all part of his plan to capture the villains. With Boomerang and Mirror Master arrested, Bullock learns that the relic he was supposed to carry is nothing but the shards of the broken Bat-Signal.
After finishing his story, Jason takes one last look at the script and decides that it is not good, even for comic book standards and he burns the story.
Appearing in Green Arrow: "The Case of the Runaway Shoebox"
- Green Arrow/Oliver Queen (Flashback and main story)
- Harper and other thieves (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Dinah Lance (Mentioned only)
- Hawkman (Mentioned only)
- Ralston Thomas (A museum curator) (Flashback only) (Single appearance)
- Star City Police Department (Flashback only)
- Wassily Kandinsky (Mentioned only)
- Star City
- An art museum
- Oliver Queen Enterprises
Synopsis for Green Arrow: "The Case of the Runaway Shoebox"
This story is reprinted from Action Comics #431.
Oliver Queen has his pocket picked on the way to paying his rent, and, retracing his steps to try and find it, runs into a robbery scene in front of a museum. He switches to his Green Arrow identity and takes down a ring of thieves before they can steal the rare and valuable fragments of an ancient Greek amphora. While at the police station after taking in the crooks, Green Arrow sees the pickpocket who robbed him being brought in by a beat cop. He is able to identify the envelope of money that was lifted from him, and thus is finally able to pay his rent.
- "Returning Reflections" takes place after the events of Batman #388.
- The credit box of the first story features "Jason Todd" as the "writer".
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow Recommended Reading
- More Fun Comics (Volume 1): More Fun Comics #73–107
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1): Adventure Comics #246–269
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1): Detective Comics #521–567
- Green Lantern (Volume 2): Green Lantern (Volume 2) #76–124
- The Flash (Volume 1): The Flash #217–219
- Green Arrow (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow (Volume 2)
- Green Arrow (Volume 3)
- Green Arrow (Volume 4)
- Green Arrow (Volume 5)
- Green Arrow (Volume 6)
- Green Arrow and Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Wonder Year (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters (Volume 1)
- Green Arrow: Year One (Volume 1)
- Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 1)
- Black Canary (Volume 2)
- Black Canary (Volume 3)