"Cold Cases": Relieved not having to review cold case files at the GCPD, Renee Montoya and Harvey Bullock head to the river to fish a body out of the water. When they arrive they find that the body is encased in a block of ice. At the
Appearing in "Cold Cases"
Synopsis for "Cold Cases"
Relieved not having to review cold case files at the GCPD, Renee Montoya and Harvey Bullock head to the river to fish a body out of the water. When they arrive they find that the body is encased in a block of ice. At the coroner's office, the doctor, Colleen, says that the body was artificially frozen from the inside out. Bullock gets a call from Gordon to check on a lead for some Blackgate escapees while Montoya stays at the coroner's office to get a positive identification on the stiff.
Meanwhile, Batman takes care of a drug deal gone bad near the coroner's office.
Montoya goes to get a cup of coffee, when the body thaws out. She returns to the room to see the body missing and an armored suit. Knowing who she might be dealing with, she goes to check with the coroner if the body was moved. Suddenly the lights go out. In the dark, Montoya shoots a couple of shots at something moving near the end of the hall, gunshots that Batman hears after apprehending the criminals. Batman goes to the coroner's office and meets Montoya, literally. The duo follow a trail of wet footprints to find a thawed out Mr. Freeze confused at the Batman's appearance and how long he has been incapacitated. Batman viciously puts a hurting to Freeze, but Montoya stops him from doing a lot more damage. After leaving the office, Batman's confusion about who Freeze is leads Montoya to think that someone else is wearing the cape and cowl.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest" saga.
- Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) appeared last in Catwoman (Volume 2) #5. He appears next in Bloodbath #1.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 670 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 670
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.