"Outgunned": Batman stopped an armed robbery that ended up in a shooting at the Gotham subway. At the same moment in another part of the city two professional snipers under the code names of Gunhawk and [[Gunbunny (N
Appearing in "Outgunned"
- Moses (First appearance)
- Murphy (First appearance)
- Bane (Mentioned only)
- Arnold Hockert
- R. Renfrew Talmadge
Synopsis for "Outgunned"
Batman stopped an armed robbery that ended up in a shooting at the Gotham subway. At the same moment in another part of the city two professional snipers under the code names of Gunhawk and Gunbunny killed an important businessman who was in a party at the penthouse of a tall building. The feat was achieved at the distance of six thousand feet away. The GCPD major crime unit started the investigation on the case but with no results. Harvey Bullock contacted the Batman for some help with the case.
Sometime later at their cottage hideout, Gunhawk and Bunny celebrated their success on their errand. Gunhawk learned of a unique firearm that was to be on display at an exhibition back in Gotham, so he convinces Bunny to go and take the one-of-a-kind weapon.
Batman interrogate the host of the party and learned he has made the arrangements for the killing of Renfrew Talmadge. He also told Batman the code name of the sniper: Gunhawk. Batman went back to the cave and with help of the batcomputer he discovered the identity of Gunhawk. Batman was also able to deduce where would Gunhawk be.
The sniper couple arrived at the expo and started a shooting when they retrieved the special gun. Batman arrived and knocked the two snipers to the ground. Gunhawk started to shoot at Batman with his new special gun. It was so potent that Batman was outgunned. As he was trying to escape, somebody shot Bunny and injured her badly. Gunhawk stopped shooting at Batman and carried Bunny away and leaving Batman with the batsuit full of bullet holes.
- This issue is part of the "Knightquest" saga.
- Batman (Jean-Paul Valley) appeared last in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #61. He appears next in Outsiders (Volume 2) #7.
- Harvey Bullock and Renée Montoya appear next in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #28.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Knightfall Volume Two - Knightquest.
- Knightquest continues in Batman #508.
- The security guards, Chick and Wilbur, are named after characters played by Bud Abbott and Lou Costello in the 1948 film Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein.
- There are several references as newspaper headlines or street names to some DC characters as Superman and The Joker as well as some references to Batman artists and editors, specifically Dennis O'Neil, Scott Peterson, Bill Finger among others.
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 674 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 674
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Azrael Recommended Reading
Links and References
[[Category:Batman: Knightquest|Detective Comics Vol 1 0674]]
|Knightfall Saga Crossover|
This comic issue is a part of the massive Knightfall crossover event. Knightfall consisted of three parts, Knightfall, Knightquest, and KnightsEnd. The trilogy involved Batman's back being broken by Bane, the debut and subsequent descent into madness of Bruce Wayne's successor Batman Jean-Paul Valley, and Bruce Wayne's recovery and reclamation of his former title, combatting Valley himself. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Knightfall Crossover" category.