Appearing in "War of the Dragons, Part One: The Iron Dragon"
- King Snake
- Shan Triad (First appearance)
- General Tsu
- Huang (Only appearance; dies)
- Billy (Only appearance; dies)
- Silver Monkey (First appearance)
- The Karate Creep (Single appearance)
- Tommy Mangles (Cameo)
- Stan Kitch
- Caz Sallucci
- Harvey Bullock
- J, Devlin Davenport (First appearance)
Synopsis for "War of the Dragons, Part One: The Iron Dragon"
One of the major crime bosses in Chinatown, King Snake receives a warning but he kills the messenger as a way to send his own message. His actions put him against his right hand Lynx who challenges King Snake for the gang leadership just to be beaten by Snake.
At the time, the GCPD is worried about a killer named Tommy Mangles that roams free the streets of Gotham. Bruce and Tim try to get some informants inside Chinatown but the info they managed to get wasn't helpful. They tried to guess what would happen next but they had to cope with the day-to-day chores and a new neighbor named Devlin Davenport.
Meanwhile other Asiatic gangs prepare themselves for the upcoming war and the Shan Tribes hired a skilled assassin called The Silver Monkey that would give them an edge to ensure their victory.
- The story continues in Robin Vol. 4 #17
- This is John Wellington's first issue and work as a colourist for DC Comics.
- This issue is reprinted in Robin: War of the Dragons.
- Caz Sallucci's name is typed as "Salucci"; with just one L; and his appearance is different from the last one in Detective Comics #673 where he was a blonde and in this issue he appears to have dark-brown hair.
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 685 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 685