Appearing in "Violent Reactions"
Synopsis for "Violent Reactions"
The Allergent's feat has cost him most of his defoliant, and he sets out to steal more chemicals so he can create more herbicide. Meanwhile in Arkham Asylum, Poison Ivy takes two doctors hostages. She demands a car and way out.
Meanwhile, Batman and Robin search for info on Veezey, and they learn about the man's allergies. When they start looking for him, he appears out of nowhere, and they follow him to Gotham Park.
Allergent finds Ivy waiting for him in the park. She is about to give Veezey her lethal kiss when Batman and Robin arrive. Batman engages in combat with Ivy while Robin tries to stop Allergent from detonating the gas bomb in the park. Robin drives Allergent's truck to the park's lake where the bomb deactivates.
Allergent crawls out of the water, only to be taken by Lock-Up. Batman fights Ivy carefully, avoiding the touch of her nails and lips. Ivy is in a rage and ends up on top of Batman, trying once more to kiss him. Batman knocks her out and calls the police to take her back to Arkham.
- This issue is the last of the single issues of the gap between the Batman: Knightfall and the Batman: Contagion storylines.
- The poison used by Ivy is mispelled as amsaenium triphyllum. The correct spelling is Arisaema triphyllum.
- There are small references to Curare and Grevillea mimosoides; both plants with poisonous effects.
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 694 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 694