"Contagion, Part Two: The Gray Area": Batman escapes the U.S. Army facility and heads to Babylon Towers where he told Robin to go as well. Once they were there, they checked upon [[Daniel Maris (New Earth)|Daniel
Appearing in "Contagion, Part Two: The Gray Area"
- Arissa Palmoy (Single appearance)
- Dresden (Babylon Towers)
- Jenny Palmoy (Only appearance; dies)
- Kendall Stuart (Mentioned only)
- Kip Palmoy (Dies)
- Mr. Ames (Babylon Towers)
- Mr. Magillo (Babylon Towers)
- Mr. Zavier (Babylon Towers)
- Mrs. Ames (Babylon Towers)
- Trish Palmoy (Single appearance)
- U.S. Military
- Gen. Mondial Derwent (Appears only as a corpse)
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Two: The Gray Area"
Batman escapes the U.S. Army facility and heads to Babylon Towers where he told Robin to go as well. Once they were there, they checked upon Daniel Maris; the one suspect of being the virus carrier. Batman and Robin confirmed that Maris was infected and they hear Maris tell the others Babylon residents who might be the only survivor to the virus and the only possible cure for the disease. Batman and Robin called upon Oracle to help them find the survivor, a man named Kendall Stuart who is living in Canada.
The Babylon Towers residents decided to use all their wealth to find the man without caring for the means to do it. The Babylonians turn their efforts to Gotham's organized crime to find the man and they asked The Penguin to find the sole survivor. Menwhile all the people that has been exposed to the virus was already showing the symptoms and some of them were dying, including Daniel Maris.
Batman gave Robin the task of finding the survivor before any of Gotham's criminals get their hands of the man. Robin went along with Alfred to the last known adress of the man in Canada, but when he arrived at the place he was confronted by Catwoman who was there to take Stuart to Gotham and claim five million dollars.
- This is the second part of the Batman: Contagion storyline.
- The events of this issue takes place between the events in Shadow of the Bat #48 and Robin #27.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition, as well as the 2016 edition.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 695 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 695
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.