- Fate brings us together once more, Bruce Wayne. One last time. We are Gods, Wayne! Gods battling for the fate of humankind!
- — Bane
Appearing in "Legacy, Part Six: Gotham's Scourge"
- Batman (Flashback and main story)
- Gotham City
- "The Shrike" Boat
Synopsis for "Legacy, Part Six: Gotham's Scourge"
Batman, Nightwing, Robin and Huntress are watching over some specific attraction centers in Gotham City to prevent the release of the new strain of the Ebola Gulf-A virus. Batman is watching a Casino that will open the next day when he spots two men that are speaking farsi. He knows that Ra's plans to release the virus at the opening ceremony of the Casino. Batman tells Nightwing and the others to start looking for Ra's al Ghul's ship while he finds a way to take the virus away.
Batman starts to look inside the Casino for the most likely place to release a virus. While he evades the shooting from the casino guards, he follows a clue that leads him to the casino's kitchen. He knocks out some thugs and opens a gas valve with the intentions of burning the entire place and by doing so, eliminating the virus. While he is at it, Bane arrives and they both engage in combat. Batman endures long enough to leave the gas fill the kitchen. Batman locks himself in a storage cabin when the gas is about to ignite. Bane understands Batman's plan just in time to find cover and manages to survive the explosion that burns the Casino entirely.
Once outside, Batman and Bane retake the fight in the shore. Bane has the upper hand and is about to drown Batman in the sea when Batman remembers the night that forged him and his strength comes back along with a renewed rage. With the new strength, Batman manages to subdue Bane but when Batman plans to take him into police custody, the tide rises and takes Bane into deep waters. Batman is too exhausted from the confrontation and can't follow Bane.
Nightwing and the others contact Oracle to find out where the ship of Ra's al Ghul was. They head towards Ra's without knowing that Ra's plan is to eliminate all of them.
- This is the sixth part of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- The events of this issue take place between Batman #534 and Robin #33.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy and the Batman: Legacy Vol. 2 (Collected).
- This is the first time Batman and Bane face each other since Vengeance of Bane #2; and this is considered to be the first official rematch since their fight in Batman #497.
- Bane states that he considers Batman and Ra's al Ghul as his equals.
- There is a little reference to Giacomo Puccini.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.