"Legacy, Epilogue: Second Chances": The GCPD has captured some of the remaining members of the League of Assassins and takes them into custody; but the few members that were not captured are planning an attack on the [[Gotham City Police
Synopsis for "Legacy, Epilogue: Second Chances"
The GCPD has captured some of the remaining members of the League of Assassins and takes them into custody; but the few members that were not captured are planning an attack on the police department to release their partners. Meanwhile, Bullock and Montoya interrogate one of the assassins to know who their leader is. The assassin refuses to tell and Gordon has a hunch of who is behind it all. Sarah and Jim start to argue about their relationship.
Meanwhile in Gotham City the infected people are taken into medical centers to acquire a vaccine and there is a curfew for those who are not infected. Batman and Robin survey the medical centers. Batman decides to help the institutions by going there as Bruce Wayne and provide anything they need. He is shocked to see the amount of dead bodies that were infected by the plague and rushes outside, leaving the formalities to Lucius Fox. At that moment Robin foils a robbery and finds an abandoned child on the street. The kid is called Ronnie and is infected with the virus. Robin takes the kid to the nearest medical center as fast as he can. When he arrives, he calls a doctor to examine Ronnie, but the doctor tells him that the boy is already dead. Robin is left sad and helpless as he promised the kid to save him and failed. Back in the batcave, Bruce and Tim are depressed from their own experiences with the people. Alfred arrives in time to let them know that Gotham is still alive thanks to them, and that they have no real reason to be depressed.
At the police headquarters, the League of Assassins are ready to attack and free their captured members. One of the assassins runs towards the police building carrying an explosive device with him. He detonates the bomb killing himself and blowing the main entrance to the building. Another assassin cuts the power lines and cut the lights of the entire building. Commissioner Gordon leads the few members inside the building of the GCPD in a tactical defense strategy. They use gas to take the attackers down but one is holding a bazooka and aims at Commissioner Gordon. Before he shoots, a police member uses a taser to incapacitate the man but the shock makes the man to fire the projectile towards Sarah Gordon. Gordon saves his wife by tackling her to the ground and covering her from the falling rubble. After this heroic act, Sarah and James reconcile and embrace each other in a loving way.
Appearing in "Legacy, Epilogue: Second Chances"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Gotham City Police Department
- Lucius Fox
- Armand Krol (Mentioned only)
- Ronnie (Only appearance; dies)
- This is the epilogue of the Batman: Legacy storyline.
- This issue continues the story from Robin #33.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Legacy and the Batman: Legacy Vol. 2 (Collected).
- Group Editor Dennis O'Neil wrote one of his letter columns From the Den; in which he explained that for at least a year, from that point on, there would be no crossovers between the Batman titles and that the stories will start, develop and end in the same title, under public request. He also showed the icon that would be used in the covers to let the readers know how many parts there were in the story. Only two comic books were issued with the logo: Batman #535 and Robin #34.
- James Gordon states that he, somehow, knows about Ra's al Ghul.
- James and Sarah relation decayed back in Shadow of the Bat #33 during the Batman: Prodigal storyline.
- There are references to Gucci loafers; and Typhus disease.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Batman: Legacy Crossover
The events from this issue are related to the Legacy crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996. The events of Legacy lead into Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.