"The Code, Part 2": The Joker plans his election campaign with the help of Harley and Josh, the cartoonist; but Joker notices that Harley is still not caring for him and Josh is strangely close to her.
- Fear? Now you're talking, cartoon boy! There's nothing like a little fear to counteract apathy. Once they're afraid, they'll really start to care!
- — Joker
Appearing in "The Code, Part 2"
- Killer Croc's Gang (Behind the scenes)
- Josh (Dies)
- Hector (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Code, Part 2"
Elsewhere in Gotham, Billy Pettit and his men are fighting Killer Croc's gang when Huntress arrives at the scene and tells Pettit about Joker's elections and the inclusion of Pettit in them. The former police officer doesn't seemed to care and he tells Huntress to take care of the situation for him.
At his hideout, Joker is brooding because his plans are not going well and because of the fact that Harley is so distant from him. Joker sends Josh to retrieve some explosives to force the people to vote in his elections and then he decides that he is going to marry Harley Quinn.
That night, Huntress goes to check on Harley's place and she ses Josh entering the building. Josh goes to Harley's apartment to check on her. She tells him that she is fine but he won't listen as he approaches her and corners her in the room's balcony. Josh wants Harley, but she doesn't want anything with him. Joker is outside of the building and spots Josh and Harley's shadows in the balcony and it seems as if they were making out. Joker is mad at Josh and plans something to get rid of him and claim Harley for himself. Josh is banished from Harley's place and after he leaves the building, Huntress hears him and other goons saying something about a bomb. Huntress goes to Harley's room and tries to make her reveal Joker's plans about the bomb. Harley has no idea what Huntress is talking about and they start fighting each other. Harley then moves out of the building to see what is happening with Joker. She climbs down from the side of the building and Huntress isn't able to follow her.
Meanwhile, Joker finds Josh and tells him that he will show him how to make explosives with fertilizer. Josh is excited about it but then Joker tells him that he will teach him a trick that will help him survive explosions. Joker places tons of explosives on Josh's body and just then he reveals that there is no trick and Joker kills Josh in a big explosion. Huntress sees the fire from afar and Harley arrives at the place where Joker is laughing his head off. She launches herself into Joker's arms and tells him to forgive her for being so distant in the past days. Joker is glad to see Harley back to normal but then he is pissed at Harley's attitude again.
- This is the second and last part of the storyline titled The Code. The previous chapter was Batman #570. No Man's Land continues in Azrael: Agent of the Bat #58.
- No trivia.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.