"The Code, Part 2": The Joker planned his election campaign with the help of Harley and Josh, the cartoonist; but Joker noticed that Harley was still not caring for him and Josh was strangely close to her.
- Fear? Now you're talking, cartoon boy! There's nothing like a little fear to counteract apathy. Once they're afraid, they'll really start to care!
- -- Joker
Appearing in "The Code, Part 2"
- Killer Croc's Gang (Behind the scenes)
- Josh (Dies)
- Hector (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Code, Part 2"
Elsewhere in Gotham, Billy Pettit and his men were fighting Killer Croc's gang when Huntress arrived at the scene and told Pettit about Joker's elections and the inclusion of Pettit in them. The former police officer didn't seemed to care and he told Huntress to take care of the situation for him.
At his hideout, Joker was brooding because his plans were not going well and because of the fact that Harley was so distant from him. Joker sent Josh to retrieve some explosives to force the people to vote in his elections and then he decided that he was going to marry Harley Quinn.
That night, Huntress went to check on Harley's place and she saw Josh entering the building. Josh went to Harley's apartment to check on her. She told him that she was fine but he wouldn't listen as he approached her and cornered her in the room's balcony. Josh wanted Harley, but she didn't want anything with him. Joker was outside of the building and spotted Josh and Harley's shadows in the balcony and it seemed as if they were making out. Joker was mad at Josh and planned something to get rid of him and claim Harley for himself. Josh was banished from Harley's place and after he left the building, Huntress heard him and other goons saying something about a bomb. Huntress went to Harley's room and tried to make her reveal Joker's plans about the bomb. Harley had no idea what Huntress was talking about and they started fighting each other. Harley then moved out of the building to see what was happening with Joker. She climbed down from the side of the building and Huntress wasn't able to follow her.
Meanwhile, Joker found Josh and told him that he would show him how to make explosives with fertilizer. Josh was excited about it but then Joker told him that he would teach him a trick that would help him survive explosions. Joker placed tons of explosives on Josh's body and just then he revealed that there was no trick and Joker killed Josh in a big explosion. Huntress saw the fire from afar and Harley just arrived at the place were Joker was laughing his head out. She launched herself into Joker's arms and told him to forgive her for being so distant in the past days. Joker was glad to see Harley back to normal but then he was pissed at Harley's attitude again.
- This is the second and last part of the storyline titled The Code. The previous chapter was Batman #570. No Man's Land continues in Azrael: Agent of the Bat #58.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 737 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.