"Goin' Downtown, Part Two: The Vandal": Two-Face is surrounded by gangs that are attacking him. He tries to fight them back but he is outnumbered. One of his henchmen at the Hall of Records calls him by radio and tells him that someone is attacking them. It is [[Bane
Appearing in "Goin' Downtown, Part Two: The Vandal"
Synopsis for "Goin' Downtown, Part Two: The Vandal"
Two-Face is surrounded by gangs that are attacking him. He tries to fight them back but he is outnumbered. One of his henchmen at the Hall of Records calls him by radio and tells him that someone is attacking them. It is Bane; who is attacking them with heavy artillery. Once he runs out of ammo in his machine gun, Bane uses some grenades to blow up Two-Face's henchmen and then he gets inside the hall of records. Batman and Robin watch him and Batman decides to leave him and goes back to rescue Two-Face from the angry gangs.
Penguin hears the news of what is happening but can't decide if it is all good for him.
Bane and the girl get inside the Hall of Records and Bane kills a couple more of Two-Face's men. Then he tells the girl to help him and they start placing the explosives that Bane created, inside the hall of records. The explosives are made with radioactive properties, so in a sense, they are mini nuclear bombs.
Two-Face can't stand against all the gangs and soon they capture him and they are ready to hang him when Batman and Robin arrive to save Two-Face. Batman fights the gangs while Robin unties Two-Face. Just when Robin frees him, Two-Face runs away and escapes. Batman knocks the last thug of the gangs out and at that precise moment, Bane and the girl have finished placing the explosives and activates them. They run away from the place and a few moments later, the Hall of Records is obliterated by an explosion that is felt all over Gotham City. Bane tells the girl that she is free to go but that she must spread the word of what she just witnessed.
Later, Batman and Robin check the place where the Hall of Records used to be. The radiation is high and Robin asks Batman why they didn't stop Bane, besides for the reason of saving Two-Face's life. Batman tells Robin that Bane has no reason to destroy the records, but that someone else did and he wants the plan to succeed hoping that the real responsible party shows up.
- This is the second and last part of the storyline titled Goin' Downtown. The previous chapter was Batman #571. No Man's Land continues in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #123.
- Bane mentions that the Endgame has begun. This is a reference to upcoming and last storyline of the No Man's Land crossover.
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 738 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 738
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.