"Monsters of Rot, Part One: Cleansing Fires": In the harbor outside of Blüdhaven, a pirate smuggling immigrants discovers his cargo dead and rotting, victims of the 'Mugre', a supposed mythical disease. Fearing the spread of the disease and to hide the evidence of the rotted bodies
Appearing in "Monsters of Rot, Part One: Cleansing Fires"
- Capo Siegel (Appears only as a corpse)
- Frank (bodyguard)
- Helen "L'Shea" DuPris (Final appearance)
- Pepe (Single appearance)
- Señora Reyes (Single appearance)
- Thaddeus (Only appearance; dies)
- Gotham City
- Canaervon District (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Monsters of Rot, Part One: Cleansing Fires"
In the harbor outside of Blüdhaven, a pirate smuggling immigrants discovers his cargo dead and rotting, victims of the 'Mugre', a supposed mythical disease. Fearing the spread of the disease and to hide the evidence of the rotted bodies, the smuggler, named Pepe, torches the boat.
At Gotham City, the funeral for entrepreneur turned gang leader Capo Siegel is being held. Among the patrons are “Matches Malone” and Gavin King, both of whom meet up with singer L'Shea, Siegel's widow, following the internment. Malone gives L'Shea a suitcase full of money and the singer in turn supplies lists of her husband's “friends and associates” as well as contracts, titles, and leases. L'Shea says with the money she is leaving Gotham for good and asks “Malone” to pass along her thanks to Batman.
In Bludhaven, Catalina Flores, a.k.a. Tarantula, learns from an old woman about the immigrants aboard the smuggling ship that burned up in ‘Haven's harbor. They were refugees from Santa Prisca and the old lady's son was among them. Tarantula decides she must investigate the case.
Back in Gotham, Batman engineers a situation that allows Orpheus to take over the street gangs of the Hill, and lead them under Batman's control. Also in the Hill, several workers from a sanitation plant are found dead, also victims of the ‘Mugre'.
Tarantula captures and questions Pepe about the burned ship. The man tells her about "The Mugre", but she doesnt't buy it and she gives him some time to rethink his answer. Coming for him a couple of hours later, she finds his dead body, rotten already and she encounters a being seemingly composed of sentient cockroaches.
Following the lead given to her by the smuggler, Tarantula goes to the sanitation plant in Gotham, where she encounters Batman. They are interrupted by men who have come to burn the plant down and end the threat of the ‘Mugre'.
Appearing in "The Tailor, Part Six"
- Tailor's Robotic Armor
Synopsis for "The Tailor, Part Six"
Jake's former partners in crime have come to him at last and he faces them in a fierce battle. They use their metahuman powers against Jake, but the robotic suit designed by himself can withstand their attacks. In the end, Jake makes one of the to confess that he was responsible for setting them up on their last mission and that he framed Jake.
The fight ends and the betrayer goes to the shack in the woods where he hid the money eight years ago, but when he arrives there, he finds the box empty and Jake smiles as he walks away with the money.
- This book was first published on May 5, 2004.
- No special notes.
- The Mugre is spanish for grime.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 794 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 794
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.