"...And Red All Over": A man looks for a victim on a subway wagon and he finally finds it...
Appearing in "...And Red All Over"
Synopsis for "...And Red All Over"
A man looks for a victim on a subway wagon and he finally finds it...
Two common thieves are running away from the store they just stole and they're spotted by Batman and his new partner, Robin, who is in fact Stephanie Brown in the role of Robin. Batman and Robin stop the criminals and Robin delivers the stolen goods back to the store. Oracle contacts Batman to tell him about the murder on a subway wagon and the duo get going to the crime scene.
Batman and Robin arrive at the wagon, which was separated from the train and they investigate the scene. Batman wants Robin to hone her detective skills and they analyze the blood left in the scene. Batman notices a strange pattern on the blood left and after a brief analysis, he lears that ome of that blood belongs to Mr. Zsasz. Batman wants Robin to stay out of the case, but she convinces him otherwise and after a brief change of outfit, they go to the main subway station looking for more clues.
They find the trail left by Zsasz, while the killer watches them from the shadows of the tunnels. He spots Robin and immediately he decides she is his next victim. Robin notices something in the tunnel and they discover that it's the corpse of a woman, who has been recently murdered. Batman tells Robin to head back home because the situation has become too dangerous for her. Robin starts walking away and after a few seconds, Robin disappears witout a trail. Batman notices and realized that she has been taken by Zsasz.
Zsasz is holding Robin and without delay, he tries to slit her throat, but her neck is protected by the new outfit Batma gave her and she manages to free herself from his grasp, but the man knocks her down with a single blow. He is ready to kill her when Batman comes and starts fighting the assassin. Zsasz's physical condition makes him a tough opponent and he manages to dislocate Batman's right arm. Batman breaks Zsasz's nose, but the madman is still capable of figthing. Zsasz gets the upper hand in the fight and he strangles Batman. Robin recovers and dislocates Zsasz's nose completely. Deranged, Zsasz focuses on her and Batman seizes the opportinuty to knock him out.
After delivering Zsasz to the authorities, Batman scolds Robin for using lethal force against Zsasz, but all he wants is for her to learn that there is always other ways to win than killing the opponent.
Appearing in "Polished Stone, Part Two"
Synopsis for "Polished Stone, Part Two"
At the Iceberg Lounge, Penguin welcomes the new leader of the Hill Gang, Orpheus and his new liutenant, Onyx. Penguin gives them a table and soon, Batman and Batgirl get inside the stablishment, looking for them for the casualties caused by Orpheus' gang. They start fighting and as a result they wreck the Iceberg Loung entirely.
It was all a stage performance in order to make Orpheus and Onyx look important to the rest of the underground community and in the end, the whole group gathers together to plan the next step.
- This book was first published on July 8, 2004.
- The events of this issue take place between Robin (Volume 4) #126 and #127.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 796 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 796
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.