"War Games: Act 1, Part 1 of 8: Flashpoint": Word of the gun fight is starting to spread. The police and news media are investigating as Batman arrives. He checks out the scene with Batgirl's help and reports the i
- In an ideal world, no blood would have to be spilled. Unfortunately, this is the real world. And the chasm between the two is far and wide.
- — Batman
Appearing in "War Games: Act 1, Part 1 of 8: Flashpoint"
- Gotham Organized Crime
- The Penguin
- Able Crown (Appears only as a corpse)
- Akahara (On a TV or computer screen)
- Charlie (cameraman)
- Franco (Escabedo Cartel)
- Gotham City Police Department
- Manuel Escabedo (On a TV or computer screen)
- Patty (nurse)
- Vera Cesares (doctor)
- Ventriloquist (On a TV or computer screen)
- Victor Kosov (On a TV or computer screen)
- Gotham City
- Orpheus' Motorcycle
Synopsis for "War Games: Act 1, Part 1 of 8: Flashpoint"
Word of the gun fight is starting to spread. The police and news media are investigating as Batman arrives. He checks out the scene with Batgirl's help and reports the information to Oracle. He determines the survivors; Scarface, Orpheus, Penguin, Mr. Fun, Onyx, Deadshot, Zeiss and Escabedo's bodyguard, who turned up at Leslie Thompkins clinic in bad shape.
Oracle and Batman review the night's events at the clocktower. Meanwhile, retaliation for the shootout stared to ramp up. Batgirl fights in Chinatown to try and stop the violence. Batman tries to talk to Escabedo, but he blames Batman, and it turns into a fight, which is interrupted by an attack by the Odessa Mob.
Orpheus goes to the Iceberg Lounge, where he meets with Penguin, who denies starting the war. The violence continues to spread, erupting on the Hill. Batman, Orpheus and Batgirl struggle without success to quell the tide, but it spreads too far, too fast for them to act quick enough.
Appearing in "Low, Part I"
Synopsis for "Low, Part I"
Riddler believes he is safe, but soon, Ivy appears, tangles him with her vines and makes him understand that he has come to his doom.
- The events of this issue take place directly after "Batman: The 12-Cent Adventure #1." The story is continued in "Legends of the Dark Knight #182."
- This is part of the War Games saga running through all of the Batman Titles for the most part of 2004.
- As usual, a doll can be seen in Oracle's office. This time is a Superman doll.
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|War Games Crossover|
The events from this issue or series are related to Batman: War Games, a massive Batman Title crossover involving a massive conflict between the different factions of Gotham Organized Crime, culminating in the rise to power of Black Mask.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the War Games Crossover category.