"Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 1 of 8": It has been one year since Batman went away, six months since Harvey Bullock returned to the Gotham City Police Department,and three months since [[James Gordon (New Earth)|Jame
Appearing in "Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 1 of 8"
- Gotham City Police Department
- Harvey Dent
- Jerry (Single appearance)
- Mordecai (coroner)
- Stan (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Face the ɘɔɒᖷ, Part 1 of 8"
It has been one year since Batman went away, six months since Harvey Bullock returned to the Gotham City Police Department,and three months since James Gordon became Gotham City's police commissioner once again. KGBeast is killed while on a hit by a shadowed figure in a jacket and knit cap. Harvey Bullock and Mordecai are investigating. Bullock mentions that the GCPD is not allowing him any mistakes this time around. Meanwhile, a shadowed figure once again dressed in a jacket and knit cap is beating up a bank robber when he hears a voice telling him his work is over. The figure is revealed to be Harvey Dent.
Meanwhile, Poison Ivy has taken the top floors of the Vanguard Building hostage, along with a collection of eco-unfriendly CEOs. For the first time in a long time, Commissioner Gordon and Policewoman Jamie Harper activate the Bat-Signal, summoning Batman and Robin. At that moment the upper floors of the Vanguard building erupt into foliage, indicating that Poison Ivy is more powerful than ever before. Batman and Robin jump on the Batplane to confront Poison Ivy, while Commissioner Gordon expresses his optimism.
- This book was first published on May 10, 2006.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Face the Face collected edition.
- The Face the Face storyline is continued in Batman #651.
- This issue is the first appearance of Robin's new red costume.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 817 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 817
- Batman Recommended Reading
- Batman (Volume 1)
- Batman (Volume 2)
- Batman (Volume 3)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 1)
- Batman and Robin (Volume 2)
- Batman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Batman: Gotham Knights (Volume 1)
- Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: Shadow of the Bat (Volume 1)
- Batman: Streets of Gotham (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 1)
- Batman Incorporated (Volume 2)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 1)
- Batman: The Dark Knight (Volume 2)
- The Brave and the Bold (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 1)
- Detective Comics (Volume 2)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Detective Comics article at Wikipedia
- Detective Comics series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Detective Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
The events from this issue take place one year after the events of the 2006 limited series Infinite Crisis. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: 1 Year Later Crossover.