"A Lonely Place of Living, Chapter 2": In Gotham City, "many tomorrows from now", Batman (Tim Drake) is in chase of Anarky. It looks like he's trying to extort some kind of information from Anarky about the location of a female character, but as Lonnie refuses to help, Tim ki
- When I was Robin, I met myself. The circumstances were different, but the meeting happened. I was horrified. That my future self could have fallen so far. That he would wield a gun? That he would be a killer? And still...in the end, it did nothing to stop me from becoming what I was destined to become.
Appearing in "A Lonely Place of Living, Chapter 2"
- Titans Tomorrow (Flashback only)
- Anarky (Dies in flashback)
- Batman (Damian Wayne) (Flashback only)
- Batman (Dick Grayson) (Flashback only)
- Gotham City Police Department (Flashback only)
- Commissioner Montoya (Flashback only)
- Red Hood (Flashback only)
- Spoiler (Flashback only)
- Superman (Conner Kent) (On a TV or computer screen) (Flashback only)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Mentioned only)
- Batwoman (Mentioned only)
- Clayface (Mentioned only)
- Doomsday (Mentioned only)
- Gotham Knights (Mentioned only)
- Justice League (Mentioned only)
- Titans East (Mentioned only)
- Batwoman (Hologram)
- Nightwing (Hologram)
- Superman (Clark Kent) (Hologram)
- Teen Titans (Hologram)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Mentioned only)
- Conner Kent (Mentioned only)
- Mister Mxyzptlk (Mentioned only)
- Mister Oz (Mentioned only)
- Robin (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City (Flashback only)
- Batcave (Flashback only)
- Himalayas (Flashback only)
- Ivy University (Mentioned only)
- San Francisco (Mentioned only)
- Batmobile (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "A Lonely Place of Living, Chapter 2"
In Gotham City, "many tomorrows from now", Batman (Tim Drake) is in chase of Anarky. It looks like he's trying to extort some kind of information from Anarky about the location of a female character, but as Lonnie refuses to help, Tim kills him in cold blod with a gunshot to the head. The GCPD arrives on the scene, ordering Batman to surrender: he flies away.
Back to his Bat-cave, Tim accesses a message from Superman on the Bat-computer, deleting it as soon as Kon-El touches on Tim's self-inflicted solitude. While he's watching a dialogue where Spoiler talks about his change of character, he's suddenly teleported to Mr. Oz's Prison.
That was a year ago. Now, Red Robin (Prime Earth's present Tim Drake) and the Batman of Titans Tomorrow are fighting Doomsday. Batman manages to overcome the beast momentarily with shotguns of synthetic kryptonite, but he know it will recover soon. As they have a little time to talk, Batman explains to Red Robin that with his intellect he's always prepared to defeat any known menace. Batman has been trapped in Oz's prison for a year now, but this may be the time they'd been waiting for to escape: they'll have to mimic and redirect the frequency Oz used to leave that place and channel it through the Titans' boom teleport system installed in Batman's suit.
While fending off Doomsday, the two Tims talk about becoming Batman (which is a future Red Robin doesn't see himself in) and how every other member of the Bat-family, in the Titans Tomorrow timeline, has failed wearing the cape. Tim even supposedly killed his world's Damian, because he was "burning Gotham to the ground". Batwoman in particular seems to have done some irreparable damage. The Tims eventually get into a fight, with Batman explaining to Red Robin that some future events are written and there's no possibility to change them.
Finally, after sealing away Doomsday once again, the Drakes teleport back to Gotham City, but something seems off to future-Batman. Red Robin's reality is not the one he thought, although very similar in many aspects. That also means, he realizes, that the future is not necessarily written and he can change the course of events that led him to become the merciless Batman he is.
After neutralizing Red Robin with a paralytic shock, future Tim Drake sets off to kill Batwoman, the "responsible for the Fall of the Batmen".
Continues in "Detective Comics" #967...
- This book was first published on October 11, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Detective Comics Vol 1 966 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Detective Comics series
- Images from Detective Comics Vol 1 966